Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

LAN

by LAN

Here is my new TT bike.

Still waiting for:

LW disc
Zipp 808 Firecrest front wheel
Vittoria Crono/Veloflex Extreme tires (i have FMB Silk, but I prefer all black tires for this build)
Campagnolo Superrecord crankset with Fibrelyte Aero chainring

Attachments
speedconcept 004 [1024x768].JPG
speedconcept 005 [1024x768].JPG

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Betrayed by compact cranks :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Just kidding, that bike is top-notch, will be a weapon with 808+disc :unbelievable:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LAN

by LAN

non-compact Superrecord crankset coming soon :)

but I will run single ring fibrelyte chainring

devinci

by devinci

campy on trek? No to mention the campy+di2 mix?

Nice project nonetheless

LAN

by LAN

The Campa cranks are the best mainstream crankset when installed correct. And it matches the frame better than alu dura-ace cranks

On my road bike I have old Campa Record levers with custom Di2 buttons, so the Campa/Shimano mix is no problem for me.

Tallboy

by Tallboy

Do you plan to have shift buttons near the brake levers?
I always thought that would be cool for a quick shift inti or out of corners. Guess it depends what kind of racing you plan to do though

Hell of a bike
"I want to absorb all of your pop culture"

LAN

by LAN

Yes, shift buttons at the brakelevers are coming

CBJ

by CBJ

Amazing looking bike and build. Trek had done a good job with that frame.

record

by record

But why why why the campy crankset :| This bike would be all fantastic without this stupid mix :|
A light bike does replace good fitness.

Doolop

by Doolop

Yeah I disagree with campagnolo cranks being better than shimanos, but It sure looks fast.

kac

by kac

Nice bike. Component selection is an individual preference and, barring some objective compromise of performance, ought to be respected, not subjected to dogmatic condemnation because someone else's aesthetics have been violated...in my opinion.

KAC

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

kac wrote:Nice bike. Component selection is an individual preference and, barring some objective compromise of performance, ought to be respected, not subjected to dogmatic condemnation because someone else's aesthetics have been violated...in my opinion.

KAC

In theory I agree with you KAC. However, as I've come to appreciate in my short time on this site, if you can't laugh at others, then who can you laugh at :lol: . (or something like that)

Public postings of pictures are not for the insecure it would seem. But I have to kind of agree with others in this thread... that, especially with a Di2 build, it would seem that a Shimano crank might be in order. But he gets away with this setup because 1) he'll only be using one chain ring, and 2) Black is back! So I give him a :thumbup:
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

LAN

by LAN

First of all, this is still weightweenies.........Campagnolo Superrecord are lighter, and have bearings with less resistance.

Second, there are two Campagnolo parts (crankset/chain) on the bike, but only one Shimano part (rd), so if anything it's the rear derailleur that dosen't fit in.

The cranksets I considered for this build was:

THM, AX, Lightning and Campa. The THM and AX I feel is to expensive, since weight savings isn't the first priority on a TT bike (but still a priority), the Lightning needs very small bearings in the Trek BB90 shell, and dosen't look that good. So I feel the Superrecord crankset is the best compromise.

mrfish

by mrfish

How do you make the RD work without the FD? My understanding was that the FD has the 'brains' of the system.

LAN

by LAN

The FD isn't the brains, it's the control box at the shifters. But it works even without that. (but you need a control box to adjust the gears first time)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com