Syntace F99 Stem (road)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

8oken

by 8oken

Hi,

I would like to know your comments on this product. Is it quite resistant (I'm 1m80 for 63 kg) ? I have a Giant TCR with a 1" fork. Is it possible to put such a stem ?

Thanks

8Oken

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bobalou

by bobalou

It's a great stem. Stiff, light. It's stiffer then what I thought it would be, stiffer then the Richey stem I replaced it with. I'm 80kg, no problems. I bought it with the Titanium bolt kit which saves 8g. Great deal for the money.

KB

by KB

I agree with Bobalou's comments. I have one - with titanium bolts -on my TCR carbon and Schmolke carbon bars. I'm 90 kilos. Very impressed with. There's no give on them and they are as solid as my ZEPP XL that I have on another bike. Would recommend them. They even have little red rubber grippers to ensure a good fit.

Perry

by Perry

do annyone know if there is a 31.8 mm version of this stem ?

Perry

Franzam

by Franzam

No oversize available, but look at http://www.syntace.de

cyclemanpat

by cyclemanpat

I tell ya....it might be a good stem, I just think it is very ugly......too plain looking

gentri

by gentri

cyclemanpat wrote:I tell ya....it might be a good stem, I just think it is very ugly......too plain looking

well this is weight weenies not a beauty contest :lol: but i agree with you and I do own two.

KB

by KB

Pat - You're right it's not the prettiest out there and yes I also agree that it must, if possible, look nice. But the Syntace Schmolke combo is very hard to beat for function and low weight.

So, whilst Cinelli Ram, USE Neutron, 3T More look the bizz, I don't think they hit the right bells in the weight stakes. The other thing that pisses me off with a lot of the stuff out there is the over emphasis on flash transfers. For instance, on the Colnago Centenary they have a simple black logo for the Ram, but the one we normally buy is covered in stickers. There's loads of it like that out there.

If something weighs a little bit more and looks better I will buy it. But I couldn't in this case. Also, looking at the tests in magazines and listings on this site, I would have to question the Quality Control of 3T and Cinelli because their published weights appear to be inaccurate.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com