2012 scott FOIL

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spartan

by spartan

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/s ... ched-29884

great news. cervelo/spec will be forced to lower prices next year
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

jmilliron

by jmilliron

Also known as: my frame for next season.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

C50DB

by C50DB

+1

King Weel

by King Weel

+1
Specialized S-Works Allez (the shiny one :) )
Turner Czar custom
Working on a new S-Works Tarmac custom!

kgt

by kgt

Looks way better than Venge IMHO

jmilliron

by jmilliron

providince

by providince

This looks like the Chinese frame fm757.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

I'm sorry, you have a tubes large enough to smuggle a pug in, but you can't internalize the Di2 battery?!?!?!

swalburn

by swalburn

A mini-rant, but I had an Addict on order for 75 days and the frame was paid for in full. The delivery date kept getting pushed back. I wanted the F01 all along and was repeatedly told that it wouldn't be available until September. I had my shop contact the rep last Friday and they still had no idea where my addict frameset was at and said they had no new info on the Foil. I bought something else for the season and about 2 days later the Foil is available to order.

It is a gorgeous bike and I would have surely bought one, but it will be a while before I pick up a new frameset. According the bike radar article, the frameset for the HMX model is 4600 bucks when I converted the currency. That can't possibly be correct can it? I assumed pricing would be in line with the Addict.
Get busy living or get busy dying!

jmilliron

by jmilliron

swalburn wrote:A mini-rant, but I had an Addict on order for 75 days and the frame was paid for in full. The delivery date kept getting pushed back. I wanted the F01 all along and was repeatedly told that it wouldn't be available until September. I had my shop contact the rep last Friday and they still had no idea where my addict frameset was at and said they had no new info on the Foil. I bought something else for the season and about 2 days later [/b]the Foil is available to order[/b].

It is a gorgeous bike and I would have surely bought one, but it will be a while before I pick up a new frameset. According the bike radar article, the frameset for the HMX model is 4600 bucks when I converted the currency. That can't possibly be correct can it? I assumed pricing would be in line with the Addict.

It may be available to order, but I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't get the frame until September!

I had to wait three months for my 2011 Addict R1 frame set.

Scott apparently doesn't like to keep excess stock. So, unless the LBS has one, you're probably waiting until the next shipment from Asia.

swalburn

by swalburn

Honestly, you are probably right and i bet I would have been lucky to have it by September. It was frustrating that there was no info. If they would have said you will be able to order one next week and given me an idea about pricing, I would have probably done it even if I wouldn't get it until September. Combine the with the fact that my frame was repeatedly on the way just got a little ridiculous. I love the science behind the product and think there bikes are some of the best bang for the buck bikes out there. It just seemed like the rep never had any info or I got bad info.

I hope they get pricing out soon. I'm curious as to how much the HMF model will end up being. I think my shop is trying to get these as Team bikes for next season. We will see if that happens or not. If it does all will be forgiven. :beerchug:
Get busy living or get busy dying!

micky

by micky

jmilliron wrote:
Scott apparently doesn't like to keep excess stock. So, unless the LBS has one, you're probably waiting until the next shipment from Asia.

I was told that they are having troubles to sell their 2011 HTC paint Addict.

jmilliron

by jmilliron

No surprise. Hideous paint.

djconnel

by djconnel

Data from web site:

Curious how the dummy helps the Scott relative to the others....

The no-dummy results are pretty much what you'd expect: almost but not quite as good as the heavier "aero" frames, much better than the round-tube frames.

Also curious how the Felt does about as well as the Cervelo here in the "no-dummy" test, while in the VeloNews "no-dummy" test the Cervelo was much better.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

studodd

by studodd

stuff the data, hubba hubba!