Master PRBK

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

majklnajt

by majklnajt

I have also have a Bontrager bar on my C50 :thumbup:
Maybe I will also put on the same stem as you have ..... ;)

Love your post! Love it when people bark back... with a reason!!!

steampunk

by steampunk

quite a looker, black & chrome is a classic.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

skouri1

by skouri1

I like the seatpost.
It's easy to just buy a carbon weave record or something, but I think this bontrager one actually looks great with the frame. Honestly, carbon weave + lugged steel/chrome looks more odd to me than the UD carbon on the Bonty post. The white highlight picks up nicely on the white panels/highlights on your crank.
:thumbup:

moomooranch

by moomooranch

Gorgeous and super classy!

Have you considered some silver components, like Ritchey's Classic line or Thomson's silver stuff? I think they would look great with the chromed accents :)

majklnajt

by majklnajt

He said/wrote he wouldnt. Thats why he build it that way.... ;)

Dont you read all the of posts??!! ;) ;)

CrazyErrol

by CrazyErrol

Damjan and ecoracer hunting as a pack now. Grrrrr.

Nice bike and one I've coveted for a while.

How you finding the ride?

I have to be honest and say I'm massively disappointed in my master. I feel like a kid who got that date with the girl of his dreams only to find her dull as dishwater. It's not a patch on my Mark Reilly steel, very pretty but that's about it. I must have got really lucky with my £175 old frame as it outperforms the master all day long. I promise i will never betray it again.

:lol:

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Yeah! We conquer :D

giant man

by giant man

Interesting comment about the lack of feel of the Master compared to an Enigma offering .....

CrazyErrol

by CrazyErrol

Yeah it's not a flippant comment either as I've lusted after a master for some time, waited for the right one to come along and spent a fair amount of cash on it. Same wheels totally different feel. Master feels dead, sluggish and heavy in comparison and my steel bike is not exactly new, probably Omega era but feels like a springy little rocket ship. If it ever gets nicked or trashed will def be looking at an Enigma xcr excellence as a replacement. Like I say, must have just got lucky, prefer it to the c40 I had too.

Apologies for vague thread hijack.

:oops:

giant man

by giant man

Exactly the same as me mate :wink: loved the Extensor XCr when I rode it, fantastic feel, can't compare to a Master which I haven't ridden but take your word for it ....

EcoRacer

by EcoRacer

I've ridden 2 titanium enigma's and they are heavenly!!! Even if they don't really compare to the steel ones.
But since I used to restore old racer and have ridden a few Master's and Super's before I sort of fell in love with the style and handling. The first racer I built was a 1980's Saronni Master but I had to sell it, so they are still a bit special to me.
I was just craving for a new Master Frame! Still wishing I didn't sell that blue Colnago Super with original 70's Campa record. :cry:

Soon I will be able to ride it but right now there is still snow outside my door so it sleeps in my living room. :D

I did get a chance to weigh it today though!!! :beerchug:

7,70kg (16.9 lbs) on the Park Tool scales! :mrgreen:
That with 2 bottle cages and pedals. (and the Ksyrium wheels.)
One happy camper here! Even with the frame coming in well over claimed weight. (1710gr)

Maybe not the lightest steel build in the world but it just blew away my 8kg carbon "Training bike". :thumbup:

CrazyErrol

by CrazyErrol

Yeah sorry, I wasn't insinuating your bike is a heap of junk. I hope that wasn't how it came across, I was interestedto see if a modern master frame handled differently as I had been toying with ordering your frame for myself. Mine is an Olympic from the early 90s so maybe has had some life sapped out of it or something but fingers are burnt now.

The sarroni master was the first bike that made me look at Colnagos and I don't even like red. One day I may get the chance to try one of these new masters and be re-educated.

Im visitng family in Oslo over Easter, I'll look out for you whizzing by!

EcoRacer

by EcoRacer

CrazyErrol wrote:Yeah sorry, I wasn't insinuating your bike is a heap of junk. I hope that wasn't how it came across, I was interestedto see if a modern master frame handled differently as I had been toying with ordering your frame for myself. Mine is an Olympic from the early 90s so maybe has had some life sapped out of it or something but fingers are burnt now.

The sarroni master was the first bike that made me look at Colnagos and I don't even like red. One day I may get the chance to try one of these new masters and be re-educated.

Im visitng family in Oslo over Easter, I'll look out for you whizzing by!

No problem, I'm not offended in any way. Everyone has a different opinion and it's nice to hear them. Otherwise we wouldn't all be posting on forums now would we?! :mrgreen:

I haven't ridden a Master in the last 3 years so I am a bit nervous to ride it, hopefully it's still as good as I remember but I have ridden a ton of other bikes in that time. Getting "Carbon-Brainwashed" from riding all those super aero, light and stiff racers.

The weather should be a lot better around easter, so I hope you enjoy your stay. :D
You can bet on me whizzing along! Got to train a lot for Trondheim-Oslo this year.

majklnajt

by majklnajt

7,70 kg is really not a lot for this kind of bike!!! :thumbup:

StefanR

by StefanR

EcoRacer wrote:
mrfish wrote:The Bontrager seatpost weighs in at just 180gr and so do the handlebars. The stem is 115gr.

I ride Colnago because I like the ride and the geometry and style, I ride San Marco because I like the fit and form, I chose Campagnolo because the way it feels and looks and not because it is Italian.(It made in Hungary I believe) Even Ernesto sells bikes with DI2, he doesn't care if it's Italian or not... It just works well.

Everyone can ride what the hell they want in my opinion, I don't need to like it as long as they do. I'm Belgian so I can ride whatever I want. Even if it's an Italian bike with French wheels and American/Taiwanese components.
The times when "Made in Italy" meant something are long, long gone...

Just my 2 cents...

there is no need that all is italian, if the used parts match the frame...

steam and seat post: if you want light parts why not getting a light frame? on a steel frame saving weight? well, it is not forbidden...

you like colnago style, then I would build a classic colnago "style" bike and not mix up with these strange parts.

even if your russian, you can ride whatever you want. ;)
Last edited by StefanR on Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
diversity.....

""the sheeps get loud... when the wolf is gone....."" Juan Marquez

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com