Lightweight seatpost/skewer advice...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cyclemanpat

by cyclemanpat

i haved used my WR carbon post for 3 seasons now and never have had a problem...........great post!!! I also use the older NukeProof titanium "twist" skewers. Had them for years on my MTB bike and just put them on my road bike....love them. Around 58 grams. Very hard to find these days.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cadence90

by cadence90

cyclemanpat or anyone, is WR available these days anywhere?
thx
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

cyclemanpat

by cyclemanpat

I am not sure....I found my WR post on ebay years ago(for $50)...I love ebay!

Joel

by Joel

KB wrote:Joel

On another subject. Can you still get the old hairnet type of helmet? I like cutting edge bikes, but retro clothing. This is the black shiny type that my heroes (Merckx and de Vlaeminck) used to wear.

Also, is the WR Compositi stuff easy to get hold of in Belgium? We have no distributor in the UK anymore.

I don't know about those helmets, but a few years ago Tchmill used them.
You can buy the WR Compositi stuff here in the shop of Walter Goodefroot, where the T-Mobile team has his Service Course.

cadence90

by cadence90

ANDRE' ROCKS!
2000 Tour of Flanders, breakaway victory in hand
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

KB

by KB

Joel

Thanks. I'm thinking of having a brief trip over to Belgium over the next couple of months and I can get to Walter Godefroot's shop as one of the cycling mags in the UK has just done a big article about Belgian riders past and present and it gave directions to his shop. Roger deVlaeminck still looks mean and moody. What a rider!!!

Cadence

Thanks for the pic, but I would much rather rather have seen a picture of Il Maestro Felice. Definitely the classiest looking rider on a bike I've ever seen. Merckx always looked as though he has in a brawl with his bike. For me the classis picture is Felice in Azzuri national jersey. I must be getting nostalgic in my old age.

Thanks guys.

cadence90

by cadence90

KB, I'm glad to hear someone else appreciates Felice!
I grew up with a poster of him on my wall, and I saw him once.
un vero maestro....
Not wanting to go far off topic, I've made you a different thread:
Felice Gimondi album
because he knew how to pedalare leggermente

nikh

by nikh

cyclemanpat wrote:i haved used my WR carbon post for 3 seasons now and never have had a problem...........great post!!! I also use the older NukeProof titanium "twist" skewers. Had them for years on my MTB bike and just put them on my road bike....love them. Around 58 grams. Very hard to find these days.

OT: I thought I knew you, you bought the skewers off me aswell as my Tune cage more recently!

Cheers.
PLAY DARTS! *WARNING* MUST HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR TO PLAY!!!