Pro's shoes, who is wearing what

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Ok, so as the user name might suggest I have an association with feet...

I send more time than most looking at them or footwear. Nowadays I'm looking more at what shoes people/Pro's are riding in.

So thought it might be cool to start a thread and sort of spot what shoes the Pro's are in. Sort of like the 'Pro's on Lightweight's' thread. Especially cool if there are some more obscure brands.

Boring start, David Lopez and Tony Gallopin on Sidi's

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Robbie on Spec?

and then Sidi? :noidea:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Murphs

by Murphs

I could be wrong, but I think that first picture of a Robbie is actually Robbie Hunter, riding with Specialized shoes

Giant DK

by Giant DK

Yep, first picture i definitely not Robbie :wink:
Techn writer at Velomore Denmark

My Simplon Pavo II

Danton

by Danton

They'll ride in what they get paid to ride. Sometimes you see a rider with one brand of shoes when it's actually another and that's more interesting. But the shoe choice is usually a matter of money, plus the shape of a rider's foot. Few try to find the best shoe on the market.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

i cant imagine that most of the top pros dont ride custom to some extent
tikka
Formerly known as Curryinahurry

hockinsk

by hockinsk

What makes you think most ride custom? I would say most just ride what they are given off-the-shelf unless they have a need for custom.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Sorry should have added custom footbeds included in that. I know people say pros just ride what there given but ie the top tennis players and footballers very often have custom trainers,boots and also rackets. Just can't imagine that with cyclists where there feet which have such an impact on the rest of there body (kinetic chain and all) they wouldn't be more fussy about?
Formerly known as Curryinahurry

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

A lot have custom made shoes. At the very least they are having custom foodbeds.

micky

by micky

Today's winner on Nike.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Danton wrote:They'll ride in what they get paid to ride. Sometimes you see a rider with one brand of shoes when it's actually another and that's more interesting. But the shoe choice is usually a matter of money, plus the shape of a rider's foot. Few try to find the best shoe on the market.

The has to be a trade off at some point though, as they can novitiate their footwear contacts separately to team stuff. Giving them (in some cases) a little more freedom I would have though?

Whatever the case, I'm just keen to see more so who is on what.

Micky :thumbup: ta mate. Interesting that, at least here in Oz, there's not much of a marketing push at all from Nike with regards to their shoes?

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Anyone knows what shoes Ballan is wearing? Look really really good, with that classy leather-like finish (well, could be leather indeed).
First guess was Peral Izumi because it's their kind of design :?:

What amazes me is that Cancellara or Schleck's brothers for example, succesively wore DMT,Sidi,Specialized then Northwave.
For example, if I'm right, wearing S-Works (really thin toebox with quite arch support) shoes or Northwave (big toebox, really flat) is totally different.

Also, want to give an award for the ugliest shoes since we turn in the third millenary to Emmanuel Sella (here seen on the right):

andy2
in the industry

by andy2

Ballans shoes look like Fizik.
rolobikes

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Oh thanks. Didn't know that Fizi:k were making shoes actually! Now that you told me, it's true that I can recognize the signature on the shoe.

micky

by micky

Tinea Pedis wrote:Micky :thumbup: ta mate. Interesting that, at least here in Oz, there's not much of a marketing push at all from Nike with regards to their shoes?

Nike Cycling by what I know is officially closed but there's still a couple of riders using their shoes (can't recall which ones right now..).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com