Martec Carbon

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

yobH

by yobH

So, I am trying to figure out, if it is a bad investment buying a bike made by Martec carbon? I seem to get a lot of conflicting info on this. For example, Pedal Force claim that some of their frames are made by Martec, but that the ZX frame range is not?
I have read some posts that say that they are a reliable manufacturer and then I read that some people think that they make carbonlord cranks, which have not always had favorable reviews?
I also read that they make EPX frames and have been told to stay away from those..........any ideas? I did a search using Martec and got little?
Superlight, Pineapple, or anybody else know?

cheers
BH
BH

Franzam

by Franzam

The Kestrel Talon is made by Martek.
And a guy in this forum says (I forgot the name), he can get a Scott C1 frame w/o label in asia, maybe a Martek?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mises

by mises

Since there has been a lot of discussion about Taiwanese manufacturers lately and differing opinions on quality I thought I would track down this link again -

http://www.slowtwitch.com/mainheadings/ ... kebiz.html

Particularly the section on agents' role in the supply chain is quite informative.

Racing Aardvark

by Racing Aardvark

mises, thanks for posting that. Very informative.

spytech

by spytech

Franzam wrote:The Kestrel Talon is made by Martek.
And a guy in this forum says (I forgot the name), he can get a Scott C1 frame w/o label in asia, maybe a Martek?

yes, i was told by someone who imports alot of cycling products to the USA that he could get the frame without stickers, but have yet to see it. martec makes alot of carbon products, so i would not be surprised if they made the scott c1r, i know they make kestrel talon frames (dont know if if they make the talon sl)

yobH

by yobH

mises, thanks for that link that was great! I appreciate it!
BH

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com