Cervelo R5ca 51cm 11.1 lbs

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

sedluk

by sedluk

The frames are nearly impossible to get, it is my understanding that this is the first 51cm ever delivered to a retail bike shop. I ordered it back in September or something. There is a 56cm frame in stock at a bike shop, but I do not know of any bike shops that will build them on speculation. Late last year there were some 56cm & 54cm frames delivered to some bike shops. Most are customer orders and so far there is a long wait list. If a dealer does stock the frames, they usually stay in the box or on the wall until purchased.

tonytourist

by tonytourist

That's one expensive setup, but it looks great 8) :twisted:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djconnel

by djconnel

Nice!!! I agree the spacers look fine. Honestly it matters a lot more how your back looks than how your stem looks.

On that frame I'd definitely need a zero-setback post, however.

Issues w/ Zipp + BBright?

TrekGuy14

by TrekGuy14

WOW! Maybe the sickest bike I've ever seen! That is an amazing ride and build. You should be very proud, you're making all of us crazy jealous.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did the frame cost?

Epic-o

by Epic-o

This is possibly the best overall bike that I have ever seen

Do you know the weight of the BB bearings?

em3

by em3

Sedluk, first let me say that you hands down get the prize for best photog skills…the bokeh effect is great. Your R5CA setup is really amazing. I am very curious how the ride compares to your R5, especially given the added setback of the 72 degree seattube. I too am wondering about the Gatorskins on this otherwise amazing ride....Gatorskins on Lightweight wheels are like tractor tires on a Ferrari, or as another WW forum member has stated in other threads, “Gatorskins are like riding on frozen garden hoses.”

Look forward to your full ride report.
EM3

djconnel

by djconnel

em3 wrote:Sedluk, first let me say that you hands down get the prize for best photog skills

But he made the amateurish mistake of photographing it in the little ring :).

That's simply never done.

P.S. Gatorskins + Recon cassette = oxymoron

gumgardner

by gumgardner

Nice. Love it.

I don't get the gatorskin recon comment from dj though. The recon is ridiculously light and may not last more than a thousand miles but it is a 1/3 of the price of the big name cassettes....plus it's stupid light :):) just replace them more frequently.
Last edited by gumgardner on Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

gumgardner wrote:Nice. Love it.

I don't get the gatorskin recon comment from dj though.

Recon -> Ultralight, "low" lifespan.
Gatorkskin tyres -> Ultra heavy, "long" lifespan.
Last edited by prendrefeu on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

gumgardner

by gumgardner

There ya go. ;) I'm slow. Just spell it out for me people :)

MARLON

by MARLON

Sorry but the Calli looks not the way it should :noidea: .
The geometry is made to use a non setback seatpost...
The handlebar is so high like on a Felt Beach Cruiser :cry:
And the weight is disappointing.
The 2008 addict sl without pressfit cups in size 56 without seatpost clamp and bolts come in about 756 grams...
BACK IN BLACK

sedluk

by sedluk

The Recon cassette is the first non campy cassette that I have bought. I am a little skeptical myself but I thought it might be worth a try. It may seem out of character, but my thinking is more about loss of riding. If I thought the light cassette might leave me along the road trying to find a ride back, then it has no place on my bike. If it wears out in half the time as a campy cassette, I would not be too bothered. If it skips around and does not shift smoothly, I guess it goes cheap on an eBay auction. My main criteria is will I be found on the side of the road hitchhiking and not riding with my friends.

I know that some people like the Continental Gatorskin Tubulars and others hate them. I have ridden on many different tubulars, I generally prefer the Gatorskins. I do have a wheelsets with Vittoria Pave tires and another with Veloflex Carbons, but most have Gatorskins. What some people call riding on a garden hose, others call sure footed. I guess that I like the sure footed feel of the Gatorskins. They just roll over country roads and feel tough and rugged, I just have a lot of confidence that they will keep me rolling. The other reason I included them is I wanted to post an everyday bike. I could have posted a bike that weighs 300 grams lighter with some Tofu 160 grams tires. I have several laying around. I carry one as a spare tire. I wanted to post a picture of a bike and post a weight of the bike that I will be actually riding this spring. The Recon cassette may not make the cut, but if you are signed up for Mountains of Misery this spring with 13,000+ ft of elevation gain, this is the bike you will probably see me on.

Smithmi81

by Smithmi81

That is an amazing bike! Did you have a R5 in a previous post (I noticed a similar style of photo) - if so how does it compare in terms of the ride?

djconnel

by djconnel

MARLON wrote:The handlebar is so high like on a Felt Beach Cruiser :cry:

And the weight is disappointing.
The 2008 addict sl without pressfit cups in size 56 without seatpost clamp and bolts come in about 756 grams...

What do all of these items together weigh?

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

I tip my hat to you sir on a job well done! The combination of all those high end parts really do the bike justice. I guess what would really cplt the "Ax Lightness" theme would be to get those ultralight wheels and their new crankset and you'd be golden for WWOTY 2012...

I too would be interested to get a ride report. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com