Are these real EDGE forks??

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

JN2Wheels

by JN2Wheels

Check out the winner of Best Carbon Fiber, the Carl Strong Road. Fork looks familiar!

http://www.bikerumor.com/2011/02/27/nah ... +Rumor+RSS)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eigner

by eigner

I saw the same eBay add and thought about asking EDGE.. But I kinda forgot to write them an email. I am just thinking the price is too low for a brand new edge fork??
Current: Colnago CX Zero Di2 Disc, Cannondale F29 carbon3
Previous: Scott Plasma 3 premium, Parlee Z3SL, Parlee Z4, Argon18 E112, TREK TTX7.0, S-Works Transition, Pinarello F4:13

rustychain

by rustychain

Perhaps they are dumping old stock that's branded Edge instead of the new name Enve???
WW Velocipedist Gargantuan

legs 11

by legs 11

IME none of the 2.0 series parts were ever that popular? And I don't think a single person has ever specifically asked for the weaved finish on any build I've ever done?
Everyone wanted the multidirectional finish on the rims.
As you say, the name change must have affected the value of the old Edge stuff?
Wouldn't really bother most of us lot, but lots of these get sold to guys who don't have any idea about the sport really and only see the label on the item.
They've just GOT to have the 2011 model? :wink: :lol:
Pedalling Law Student.

djconnel

by djconnel

The forks were initially lighter than they are today. The early unglossed 2.0's were closer to the 1.0's sold today, I believe. Gloss adds weight, however.

P.S. On the Strong.... better photos here. Honestly I prefer the Crumpton, but Crumpton won last year. Weave + gloss seems dated (even though my bike has it). You look at the Crumptons and you're blown away by the workmanship. At least in these photos the bike seems very nice, but not quite at the same tier.

illnacord

by illnacord

Haha, yes that is a REAL EDGE fork. It's a 2.0 with 3K weave. Light and stiff. It was direct from a US National Champion racer. It is LEGIT. The older small medallion IMHO are better than the current UD with huge ENVE logos.
Single Speed Steel Bike Rider. Pro-Bike lifestyle.

stax

by stax

Good of you to confirm so promptly.