Baum Ristretto - a Giro style re-introduction!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

kov79

by kov79

nice!

I was toying with the idea of a master x light, but have settled on a corretto.
Will let you know how I go, in the process of trying (how the hell do you do that) to decide on colour and scheme! Only thing i have decided so far is that it will have some green in it, I love their green! But a whole bike may be too much for me...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

corky

by corky

Let Baum decide for you...... They haven't produced anything bad(yet), check out their flickr pages.

TMK001

by TMK001

kov79 wrote:nice!

I was toying with the idea of a master x light, but have settled on a corretto.
Will let you know how I go, in the process of trying (how the hell do you do that) to decide on colour and scheme! Only thing i have decided so far is that it will have some green in it, I love their green! But a whole bike may be too much for me...

Good luck choosing a color mate! It was the hardest part for me... So I let Jared decide! He is awesome! My dads Corretto is getting done in March... I bumped him down the list so he was fit again and we've already got the colors sorted! Ohhh it's gonna be BAD!

Stats

by Stats

wow!! :D there are a lot of really lovely bikes on the forum, but few that make me think... 'hmmm, better check the bank balance...' :lol:

once again TP, you've outdone yourself in taste without having to spend gazillions to impress :)

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Thanks Stats! :beerchug:

Got a PT wheel on there now, so it's certainly now a WW. But damned if I'm still not putting out faster times over the climbs - as well as loving the ride of a steel bike. Steel is indeed real!

ty-ro

by ty-ro

Sorry I am tardy to the party here...

Absolutely smashing bike TP. Your comments about the feeling of the bike vanishing beneath you truly echo my first thoughts after my first few rides on my steel Pereira. On a route that i have probably ridden 100 times, I found myself seeing things I had never noticed before.

I know that it is a crime not to own a carbon bike as a member of WW, but I have only one bike right now and it is steel. I have owned a carbon bike in the past but did not feel the "love", however I loved my Ti bikes in the past.

I am literally struggling with my next bike right now, because I need 2 bikes in case one goes down. Up until a few days ago, I was 100% set on carbon, but now I am thinking of Ti. More specifically, I am thinking of a Coretto or Cubano.

Any reason you went with steel over Ti? I read in another post that steel and Ti Baums ride essentially the same, but I find this hard to believe.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

The ride is just so super smooth on steel isn't it.

There's a few reasons, namely being that I like old school sort of stuff (I listen to vinyl, ride a longboard, etc.) and so dug steel from that point of view. Also that I have the old Eddy Merckx so wanted some "new steel" to be able to compare that back to.

Ti doesn't ride the same. Not that it's worlds apart, but it is different. My next ferrous material bike will be Baum Ti :D

metavolante

by metavolante

:thumbup: that is one of the best looking freshest bikes I have seen for many years 8) . Enjoy :wink:
Guerciotti Alero, Cinelli Vigorelli Road & Colnago C60

ty-ro

by ty-ro

Tinea Pedis wrote:The ride is just so super smooth on steel isn't it.

Oh, yes it is! :thumbup:

Tinea Pedis wrote:Ti doesn't ride the same. Not that it's worlds apart, but it is different. My next ferrous material bike will be Baum Ti :D

I agree. Ti is similar but still different enough to not have too much overlap with steel.

tarz

by tarz

hey tinea,
wanted to ask how your zonda's are holding up?
good training wheel? any issues?
what do you use for your race wheels?

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Not actually using them, got some PT wheels and are running them instead.

The Zonda's were great though.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

She's had a bit of a new hair style since you guys might have last seen her

http://www.baumcycles.com/archives/975

I'll get around to hosting some pic's soon lads.

7.05kg without pedals or cages.

fa63

by fa63

I like it, though I think I would have reversed the pink and the red in the paint. But I think it still looks ace nonetheless :thumbup:

tarz

by tarz

We express ourselves through different mediums; cycling is just another way.

Tinea you have expressed your culture and heritage that you are proud of through a fantastic paint job; and I see upgraded to Ti SR11 in the process, with a nice set of Bouwmeester wheels.

Fantastic job to the Baum boys as well.

Suffice to say the Look is hanging on the wall at the moment?

aharbutt

by aharbutt

I love it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com