My 1996 'Classic' Klein Quantum Pro

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

The_Don

by The_Don

I guess this could be considered a modern classic build, although I have all Dura-Ace 9700 on it.

I just got the wheelset off ebay from a charity donation sale, so I don't know the history but it looks in perfect condition and has all the documentation and accessories from when it was bought new.

I haven't weighed it yet, but guess it's pretty lightweight even with the Rev X set on it.

Here is a quick photo I took last night.

Last edited by The_Don on Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

latman

by latman

Nice bike ! , Have those wheels got the "X-wings" in ? I had a pair of those when they were new, and the front was the most crosswind suceptible and flexy (dangerous) thing I ever used !

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

So are you keeping the pie plate on there for aero qualities?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Robroyski

by Robroyski

the front was the most crosswind suceptible and flexy (dangerous) thing I ever used ![/quote]

+1

NS

by NS

Remember someone almost losing a finger just putting his wheel in his bike with a set of them they are lethal. Like riding a pair of bacon slicers.

Nice bike though :thumbup:

The_Don

by The_Don

8) I can see it is the envy of the town!

Thanks for all the love!

As for the pie plate, I haven't gotten around to removing it yet as it came with a 6500 cassette on it and I haven't swapped it for my 7800 cassette. In fact the wheels look brand new!

I actually had a set of super stiff a few years ago and I loved the ride they gave. They were some of the stiffest wheels I have ever ridden, and I had no issues with side winds. But here in Tokyo it's only really windy in typhoon season.

I am thinking of changing the bars 3T ergonova. But am unsure if going for the carbon team over the alu pro is worth it.
Last edited by The_Don on Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

kgt

by kgt

You need a black tape and a proper all black saddle.

User Name

by User Name

So, is it as stiff as the legends say? :D

The_Don

by The_Don

kgt wrote:You need a black tape and a proper all black saddle.

:beerchug:
Actually today I was thinking going black saddle and tape would look better so it's all black and yellow. I was looking at the Toupe Team in different colours and black seems line the only viable option. At the moment, all the red mixed with the yellow makes it look like a MacDonalds clown bike! :?

But I will ride more and decide what to swap out next. I really like the No Fear orange Quantum Pro that was posted here before, So I like the 1 colour and black combination.

The_Don

by The_Don

User Name wrote:So, is it as stiff as the legends say? :D

According to Sheldon Brown...

Yes! :up:

EcoRacer

by EcoRacer

The_Don wrote:I guess this could be considered a modern classic build, although I have all Dura-Ace 9700 on it.

Awesome bike! Love those modern Classic builds and definitely when it's a KLEIN.
Should change that "Dura Ace 9700" to Dura Ace 7800 though. 8)

The_Don

by The_Don

EcoRacer wrote:
The_Don wrote:I guess this could be considered a modern classic build, although I have all Dura-Ace 9700 on it.

Awesome bike! Love those modern Classic builds and definitely when it's a KLEIN.
Should change that "Dura Ace 9700" to Dura Ace 7800 though. 8)

I certainly do like the new levers. So much cleaner look and the hoods just look so much better.

Maybe after I get a raise, or a job with a better salary I can do. For now I will just ride it as much as I can.

Doolop

by Doolop

I like the ride, but I feel the need to set you straight on the dura-ace numbering

In the pictures, is dura-ace 7800.

The new dura-ace is 7900.

You dont have an ultegra 6500 cassette as 6500 is 9 speed, you have a 6600 or 6700.

The_Don

by The_Don

Doolop wrote:I like the ride, but I feel the need to set you straight on the dura-ace numbering

In the pictures, is dura-ace 7800.

The new dura-ace is 7900.

You dont have an ultegra 6500 cassette as 6500 is 9 speed, you have a 6600 or 6700.

Thanks, Sorry, I wrote 9700 not 7800.

I was thinking 9800 was 7900. I clearly have to spend more time memorizing these numbers least i embarass myself yet again. :smartass:

The cassette came on the Rev X. I is a 9 speed 6500. I just mounted it for the photo as I didn't have a chain whip or lock ring tool when I recieved it. :welcome:

I have now completed the work and it is now working great now. :beerchug:

lcoolb

by lcoolb

Great looking ride! Really love those Klein frames and they are all alu :thumbup:
Agree with the black saddle and bartape comments, will make this bike just perfect!
Have you got the chance to weigh it yet?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com