CarbonLord Cranks

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ivan

by Ivan

Francois_Viviers wrote:Too many off the responces on this site now days are way to emotional, I think saying a product is crap that you have never used before is a bit thoughtless. Maybe better wording would convey your point better

Hmm good point there. I think we should try to be as objective as possible. You bought a product, you tried it for a long period and it sucks like hell then i think its your duty to inform other members.

manny

by manny

I have to say that in following this topic there is much for all the members of this forum to learn. Every person who posts should do so responsibly and everyone is entitled to respond and defend their position. We should all work at being able to disagree without being disagreeable. When posts become personal attacks it adds nothing and the entire forum suffers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JTC

by JTC

Yes I have to agree. Some of these posts are way to emotional.
Not trying to be rude on this note, but it doen't seem like very many people here know a damn thing about business ethics. You guys should do some reading on it and learn a thing or two.
I manage people for a living and have been in the "buisness world" for quite some time now so choose your words carefully. Sounds like someone is a buisness major. :wink: JK. But back on topic.....
Emailed Carbon Lord yesterday and he is holding true to the warranty and giving me new cranks. As a matter of fact he said he will give the full carbon version for my trouble. So we will see..... I will update when it all in fact gets taken care of.

JTC

by JTC

Woops.... quoted to much stuff.

cadence90

by cadence90

Wow, this has been some intense to and fro!
I am interested in these cranks, but would appreciate less emotion and more objectivity (based on direct experience) in the reviews.

Questions are:
1) is the producy as advertised, in terms of weight and quality?
2) is the claimed warranty honored in case of defects?

I can't seem to find in all these postings:
1) direct confirmation of delaminated cranks
2) direct confirmation of an honored warranty

So I'm at an impasse re: judgment and understanding the quality of this product. And that's frustrating....It seems there are some very experienced riders here, but I find lots of second- or third-hand quotes. I thought that forum statements should derive from actual experience/opinion and likewise that responses should support or contradict with similar evidence.

On the ethics issue, I would think anyone has the right to post a reply to a review of a product (some of these comments read more like attacks than reviews frankly), without going overboard in promoting product. For those of us without direct experience of the product both sides of the story are interesting and useful to hear, when presented rationally and clearly.

I'm not sure I glean that these are defective from what I read, but I would also like to hear a convincing defense by someone other than the seller....

Of course caveat emptor, but have riders here actually experienced failure of these cranks?
Have FSA, Campagnolo, etc. etc. never had a problem?
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri