neoprene pants

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

quattrings

by quattrings

hi,

As everyday commuters may be well aware. Wet riding sucks.
I've purchased numerous items of wet gear and only few can really stand up to the task.
This got me thinking. I used to surf and the neoprene suits really should be able to handle a little wet weather riding I would say. I know neoprene can get hot when you're pushing yourself, but I would only use the pants and possibly padded bike shorts. My everyday commute is only 15k.

So I'm looking on the internet and I can't find that many neoprene pants out there. The Camaro g-flex looks to be a great piece of kit, but it's very hard to find.
Can you guys recommend other long neoprene pants no thicker than 3mm, available in the Eu?
If they are bib, intended for Tri's, that's fine too. However I prefer regular pants.

Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Why not just fit mudguards? Then your clothing only has the rain and not the spray to contend with.
Last edited by Powerful Pete on Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Pls don't quote immediately previous post. Thanks. PP

bigskyTi
in the industry

by bigskyTi

Look no further

http://www.desotosport.com/products/wetsuits/index.php

Most of the DeSoto stuff is 2 piece and the bottoms are bibs (except the speed tube) Stuff is so flexible they have made their way in to the NFL for Quarterbacks in cold weather wearing just the tops.

quattrings

by quattrings

well, I have had mudguards on previous bikes.
While I will not say they don't work. I'm just looking for a different solution.

I looked at the desoto line but couldn't find any long legged pants, they are all shorts.