Pegoretti Marcelo Ciavete paint - low pro wheels Page 12

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

dodge

by dodge

I actually like the paint job..Its different in a good way..And would love to see more detailed pics of he frame..Stefan is right..A white background would make life easier for you when it comes to showing off your frame.

:thumbup:

Cheers Joe

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dcj9

by dcj9

Did you order from Dario directly (based on the paintjob)? How long did you have to wait?

timeline: placed order with the UK dealer in november 2010. their February 2011 stock order to Dario placed months earlier, did not at that point have paint finalised.

thus i waited about 3 months in total because i took a stock frame, albeit with a custom paint finish.

Roobay

by Roobay

i am amazed how quickly you got this..
Mosquito Bikes..right
I placed an order for a Big Leg Emma "Ciavete" last july
i was told 16 months !
Mine is a 56cm stock
Maybe they had Marcelo in your size in stock :noidea:
i like people... i just can't stand assholes

Roobay

by Roobay

StefanR wrote:
soriyu wrote:I disagree with all the alu/tita advice.
the frame is such a looker that understated black would look best.
sram force would be an nice counterbalance even though sram would be a bit of a curse in the church.

campy all around but then black, no alu anywhere.
black tape, stem, post, saddle(a nice old black leather brooks perhaps).
black high carbon rims without decals.

it would be like a black velours drape behind a picasso....

no SRAM, yes to all the rest. all BLACK stuff.

+1 :thumbup:
i like people... i just can't stand assholes

dcj9

by dcj9

i am amazed how quickly you got this..
Mosquito Bikes..right
I placed an order for a Big Leg Emma "Ciavete" last july
i was told 16 months !
Mine is a 56cm stock
Maybe they had Marcelo in your size in stock
yes it was mosquito bikes.
marcelo is the bread and butter seller from what i understand so maybe that was in my favour.

i lucked in with my timing. i made a trip to the shop to place an order and phil told me then (in november) that they hadn't finalised colours so there was just time to change the paint finish to ciavete. dario was building their latest batch of stock frames in Jan, and i would get it in feb. thats exactly what happened.

to verify that conversation, there was an article in last weeks cycling weekly magazine about dario from a recent trip and in one of the photos you can just about see the frame labels have the word 'mosquito' on them, and even on one label there is a customers name showing.

my god - big leg emma must be a fantastically stiff bike. the chainstays on mine are enormous as it is. i would love to see that when you get it :thumbup:
no SRAM, yes to all the rest. all BLACK stuff
agree: there have been some good rationale for both alloy and black which i am grateful for. i am now strongly leaning towards predominently black components and black rims for this build. and campag.

corky

by corky

It's stunning....

please no spacer towers or shonky bar/stem angles....

dcj9

by dcj9

please no spacer towers or shonky bar/stem angles....
i promise :beerchug:

EGreenberg87

by EGreenberg87

looks amazing, can't go too bling on the groupo, the frame is too pretty for that!

NapD

by NapD

Aaaargh! My eyes! Kill it with fire!

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

That's a tough one :D
Usually I like bikes to have recurring colors. Like a color from the rear of the frame coming back in the front components, and colors from the front of the frame coming back in seatpost/saddle. But with this paintjob it's a bit difficult.

sirshan

by sirshan

Its a Peg...not sure what people are expecting. Looks unique and thats something hard to come by these days...even on Pegs with common paintjobs (ie - the one I own). I say 2010 Campy Group (SR11 or R11)...no Red. As for wheels...custom built set of your choice. So many option IMO with this paint. :thumbup:

shinyboy

by shinyboy

Super Record, Hyperon Tubs, WR Compositi seatpost, Syntace F109 stem, Deda Newton shallow bars -everything black, black saddle and tape.
Build it like this and It'll look superb, the frame will really pop.
Don't listen to any of this Sram or Dura Ace nonsense, as for Athena - this is a f*****g Pegoretti Marcelo, a proper bad ass race frame, it deserves the stuff listed above.
I've got a Responsorium Ciavete BTW -it's on here somewhere if you want to have a quick search.

rajMAN

by rajMAN

A work of Art. :)

GGG

by GGG

shinyboy wrote: as for Athena - this is a f*****g Pegoretti Marcelo, a proper bad ass race frame, it deserves the stuff listed above.
I've got a Responsorium Ciavete BTW -it's on here somewhere if you want to have a quick search.

It may deserve it but there is nothing wrong with Athena 11 (highly underrated).

Quite frankly that frame is so hot, you would get away with 8spd Sora. Looking forward to the build. This could be the start of a new beginning.

Qn: Whats better than 1 Peg? A: 2 Pegs....
Current Harem: Sally (Serotta Nove - Ti/C), Peggie (Pegoretti Love #3 - Alu), Speedy Custom Baum (Corretto - Ti)* & Climbing Baum (Corretto - Ti)*

*Lady names just never came to me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dcj9

by dcj9

It may deserve it but there is nothing wrong with Athena 11 (highly underrated).
indeed, indeed. i am soon going to get athena 11 for my trek restoration project which is building up before the peg.
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=78187&start=15

however, i am thinking along the same lines as shinyboy because the peg is going to get mostly black rims and components so athena 11 won't be in scope for that.