""the sheeps get loud... when the wolf is gone....."" Juan Marquez

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

swalburn

by swalburn

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/tou ... -road-bike

It is Scott's new aero road frame that most of the guys road in the Tour Last year. Cav won all his stages on the regular Addict though.
Get busy living or get busy dying!

StefanR

by StefanR

thanks!
diversity.....

swalburn

by swalburn

MARLON wrote:
swalburn wrote:I was going to wait for the F01, but I liked the look of this bike so much I just ordered one. I had a chance to ride one for a couple hours in the fall and just loved the bike so much. I can't wait to get mine when it comes in.

I own a Addict R2 with ISP
Its a solid Bike but there are much better Bikes out there !

I had a choice of a Scott Addict or a Trek Madone SSL for next season to race on through my sponsor. It would have cost me 900 more bucks to get the Madone. I test rode the old 6 series Madone last season and the Addict. I liked the Scott better and the crash replacement was better. I'm generally of the opinion once you get to a certain price point that none of it sucks.

San Marco

by San Marco

Why would you worry about crash replacement if you get a bike through your sponsor?

swalburn

by swalburn

I don't want to get in trouble for hijacking thread. Long story short If I crash I have to pay a percentage of the frame cost for my replacement and the amount is way less to replace the Addict. The dealer replacement cost is cheaper for the Addict if that makes sense.

MARLON

by MARLON

swalburn wrote:
MARLON wrote:
swalburn wrote:I was going to wait for the F01, but I liked the look of this bike so much I just ordered one. I had a chance to ride one for a couple hours in the fall and just loved the bike so much. I can't wait to get mine when it comes in.

I own a Addict R2 with ISP
Its a solid Bike but there are much better Bikes out there !

I had a choice of a Scott Addict or a Trek Madone SSL for next season to race on through my sponsor. It would have cost me 900 more bucks to get the Madone. I test rode the old 6 series Madone last season and the Addict. I liked the Scott better and the crash replacement was better. I'm generally of the opinion once you get to a certain price point that none of it sucks.

Thats why i bought a addict..it was so cheap @ sale so i cant say no.... :mrgreen:
BACK IN BLACK

jmilliron

by jmilliron

Yeah, I'm sure there are other bikes I'd like better, but I haven't seen anything of interest that's even close to the same price.

wisgliebau wrote:If you'd like to check it out on your bike, I'm in San Francisco and we can throw it on and you can ride it around a bit if you want to see how it feels. Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks for the offer but I've already ordered an SLR. Have one on my cross bike and was happy with it there, so I should be fine.
Last edited by jmilliron on Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

wisgliebau

by wisgliebau

jmilliron wrote:Thanks for the offer but I've already ordered an SLR. Have one on my cross bike and was happy with it there, so I should be fine.

Awesome, good choice. :D

daveSP

by daveSP

jmilliron wrote:Nice! Make sure to post the weight and photos of it.

Hello, just heard that, due to Rotor 3D, I have to wait 2 weeks more for my bike. Rotor 3D will deliver 2 weeks later and this is also a problem for Ridley bikes from Team Vacance Soleil. This protour team also waits for crancks...
For the moment i drive with my 3year old cervelo RS.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Love the way this turned out. Remember seeing it but didn't comment at the time, then I returned to it when you posted your new Contour HD and I got here via your signature link. This profile shot of your bike is great, with the lighting like that. Just the shadow tends to detract a bit from the lines of the bike itself. But maybe the shadow effect was intended, I dunno. In any case, nicely done. I'm still looking for a nicely lit wall to take a profile shot of mine like that.

One of the guys in our group has a Contour HD as well, and like you, I thought it would be cool if someone else got one and mounted on the rear, so our team could have group ride video from both perspectives. The mounting seems to be the trickiest part of the whole thing. I'll look forward to seeing what you come up with.
:beerchug:
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

StefanR

by StefanR

on this kind of sloping frames I would prefer a stem what follows the line of the top tube, there is a "break" in the lines in the front, other would be more harmony in lines.
diversity.....

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

StefanR wrote:on this kind of sloping frames I would prefer a stem what follows the line of the top tube, there is a "break" in the lines in the front, other would be more harmony in lines.

I agree with this in general but it still looks great here because the slope of the top tube isn't too extreme. There was a photo of Carlos Sastre's Cervelo R5 I believe which is a good example of what does not look good. A steep Cervelo slope on a small frame coupled with a -17 stem. Plus, typical Cervelo "tube shapes of every size and dimension" made for what I thought was a less then pleasing look, to my eye at least.
However, we've all gotten very used to a rising stems on "traditional" non-sloping frames by now and they look good too. But now we're changing the nature of this thread.
As for jmilliron's build, this bike looks good!
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

thencameyou

by thencameyou

Just wondering how much drop you are running on this?
I have the same size Addict and have 18cm with a 20mm spacer under the stem.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jmilliron

by jmilliron

Thanks all.

I swapped out the Stelle Italia Flite for an SLR and I tossed the Tompson stem back on. It's currently a 4 inch drop from the widest part of the saddle to the hoods.

Just got done cleaning it. Quick snapshot:

StefanR wrote:on this kind of sloping frames I would prefer a stem what follows the line of the top tube, there is a "break" in the lines in the front, other would be more harmony in lines.

That's ideal. I guess I would need a stem with something like -12% for that.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon