2011 FELT

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

spud

by spud

looked at the website - the F1Sl is being shown with an Easton fork.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spinwax
Shop Owner

by spinwax

spud wrote:looked at the website - the F1Sl is being shown with an Easton fork.

Good eye. Interesting. I wonder if it is a Felt spec fork though. Felt was making a pretty big deal about how the new fork was designed as one piece or something like that. I wonder if the EC90 that Felt is using is like that?

53x12

by 53x12

Well Felt had that big recall with the F series forks. I wonder if they had to change directions and actually go with Enve/Easton to spec their F series frames with forks? Production issues.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

jmilliron

by jmilliron

They did, for the rest of the year. As per SuperDave over on the Felt Roadbikereview forum.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

spud

by spud

I'm guessing that on the original design, the lower bearing platform/crown was either splitting or stretching with hard use.

KWalker

by KWalker

Just saw a nice increase in price on the FC. I hope this isn't to cover the cost of the fact that they were spec'd with shitty forks and now the consumer must pay the upgrade price for their product failure.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

spinwax
Shop Owner

by spinwax

KWalker wrote:Just saw a nice increase in price on the FC. I hope this isn't to cover the cost of the fact that they were spec'd with shitty forks and now the consumer must pay the upgrade price for their product failure.

No, it is across the whole line, not just the F series.

53x12

by 53x12

And not just limited to Felt. Many other makers have increased their prices. Almost warrants its own topic thread.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

Ahillock wrote:My shop has also told me they have a long delay on the F series and are not sure when the shipment will arrive. SuperDave any idea on when the F1 will arrive?

They are shipping now.

-SD

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

KWalker wrote:Just saw a nice increase in price on the FC. I hope this isn't to cover the cost of the fact that they were spec'd with shitty forks and now the consumer must pay the upgrade price for their product failure.

The price increases annouced starting Feb 1st were applied to nearly all the models in the line due in most part to the 12% reducting in the value of the dollar.

It is also worth pointing out that not one F-series fork has ever failed in the marketplace. We are replacing the forks because of some internal testing on the failure mode exhibited by a random sampling of production forks, not because there was an issue in the field or cases of injury or fork failure.

-SD

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

53x12 wrote:I am curious to see if Felt hit their claimed weight of 900g for the FC.

The only frame I have here to weigh is a 56cm. It is 919g.

-SD

Dov

by Dov

Is that with bottle bolts, seat bolt, hanger or not?
Brooklyn Gangsta V4 with DXR
Cannondale CAAD 10 Track
Cielo Classic Sportif U8000
Cinelli Supercorsa DA9000
Colnago C64 R12
Concorde DA7800
DeRosa Nuovo Classico SR12
Eddy Mercks Corsa Extra Ch12
Felt F1 DA9050
Trek L500

Long time supporter of Rapha
Strava

spinwax
Shop Owner

by spinwax

The new FC is very cool in person I got my close up of it this weekend at Boulevard Road Race in Southern California. My friend is on the new Pro/Am team CashCall and they happen to be on this particular frame. It is super clean and they all had Enve/Felt badged fork which I found interesting.

With any luck I should have mine this week. We will see.

record

by record

What's going on with these forks? They were Enve, but now they appear to be Easton. Why the change?
A light bike does replace good fitness.

spinwax
Shop Owner

by spinwax

record wrote:What's going on with these forks? They were Enve, but now they appear to be Easton. Why the change?

To my knowledge, the Easton comes on the F1SL. I hope my FC has the Enve fork. I am hoping to find out today.

EDIT: From what I heard today, the FC will come with the Enve fork.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com