Colnago M10

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

maxxevv

by maxxevv

StefanR wrote:you would do the bike a favor, if you take it outside, in front of a neutral wall without flash. you will see... ;)

:thumbup:

Subitus

by Subitus

maxxevv wrote:
StefanR wrote:you would do the bike a favor, if you take it outside, in front of a neutral wall without flash. you will see... ;)

:thumbup:

I will, :thanx:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TimW

by TimW

Nice.

Have Colnago improved the headbadge quality slightly? on my MTBK C59 it looks like a bad photocopy.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

TimW wrote:Nice.

Have Colnago improved the headbadge quality slightly? on my MTBK C59 it looks like a bad photocopy.

Do you have a pic that you could show us? I just received a MTBK C59 and the headtube badge looks ok. But it does look like it is put on with a stencil and then oversprayed witht the black finish, so that there might be some possibility of "overspray" if the stencil wasn't applied perfectly. If I saw what you're talking about I could tell you if mine is the same, better or worse. Hopefully I'll get some pics up in the next week or so, after buildup.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

grid256

by grid256

TimW - my new m10 has the same headbadge shadiness you describe and I've seen the same on C59s as well.

Subitus

by Subitus

Hi guys
There has been some issues before,so i was a bit nervous.But happily mine was crispy and nice everywhere.Check this frame,he had it replaced.

Check this

StefanR

by StefanR

""I also had to remind myself that this is a handpainted frame so it is bound to have some imperfections (character).""

so to get a character frame, with bad paint job done, spend a lot of money and get a Colnago!
diversity.....

""the sheeps get loud... when the wolf is gone....."" Juan Marquez

grid256

by grid256

For reference (the pic and bike are not mine) though mine has the same condition. Looks like an out of register screen print or displaced dot-pattern. Strange for a graphic that should be nothing but vector.
Attachments
head.jpg

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

It's just a joke how much the quality is slipping
Formerly known as Curryinahurry

StefanR

by StefanR

love that CHS "Colnago Headset System" on the tube.
diversity.....

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Lol... grid256, Yes, my badge is pretty much the same. Just how it is I guess. I'm not worried about it at all.

But oh my god... is that a "Colnago Headset System" you have in your headtube? I guess it is, cuz it says so. Sorry, but this has become somewhat of a joke with me. I have the same C-HS logo on the top tube of my matte black C59 that is on the M10 in this thread. I knew it was there at time of order and was hoping Colnago might just omit for me on request, but no go. So when i received the frame last week I've been calling around to see if it might be able to be removed but the matte finish would be very difficult to duplicate short of a complete respray for $$$. So I've decided that I absolutely LOVE the Colnago Headset System and whenever someone looks at my bike the first think I do is point to the top tube and go "And look, it's even got the latest Colnago Headset System. How cool is that!" Then, because whoever I'm showing it too thinks I know something about bikes, they nod and agree and want one themselves.

People are funny that way. Enjoy the ride, don't worry too much about the headtube badge. It corners better that way.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

StefanR

by StefanR

;)))))))))))))
diversity.....

majklnajt

by majklnajt

I think it looks cheap.

Like I am going to the wedding in a black toxido and on my back is a big white sentence "ARMANI - 90% cotton, 10% silk" :D :D :D
Last edited by majklnajt on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Wahahahaha :)
Formerly known as Curryinahurry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

majklnajt

by majklnajt

So much glory Colnago has - it would be enough to just stick the famous Colnago leaf on the head tube.

And I am not saying that because I have a Colnago...
Hey, I am actually critisizing ;)

Has anybody seen a Ferrari that has written "ceramic brake disc technology" on the back??!