2011 Scott Addict R1 (matte carbon)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

ahumblecycler

by ahumblecycler

Regarding leg pressure ... I had the same on my CAAD10 recently. I pushed the saddle back a little and helped big time. I cannot say about you, but my hips rotate some when I go to my drops. This in turn pushes me knee cap past my pedal spindle (PS), and to compensate I moved back on the saddle. It did wonders for me; maybe it will work for you.

I remove the stripe on my 3T stems uses acetone, a rag, and little to no effort in rubbing it out.

About the bike ... I have no words, only :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Great looking Scott.

And aren't rider impressions of frames interesting. As I know some guys on the Damocles and not sure "soaking up road buzz" would be quite how they would describe the ride quality. But what the hey, horses for courses and such :thumbup:

jmilliron

by jmilliron

Thanks. There are probably smoother bikes out there, but I haven't ridden them. Shoot, I think my Addict is super comfortable and I know a lot of people would disagree with that. Maybe I'm just insensitive!
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

nicholas2093

by nicholas2093

what a mean machine :-D ... very nice choice..

superleggera

by superleggera

Nice Bike! What kind of bottle cages are those?

jmilliron

by jmilliron

Thanks. Arundel Mandible in matte carbon. A little heavy at 29g but it's attractive, well build and super secure. No way a water bottle is getting ejected on a bumpy road race.

Photo I posted yesterday in the "On the road today..." thread:

New post w/ setback should be coming in tomorrow. Still thinking about new brakes and stem.

daveSP

by daveSP

Hello, first time on this site. It also bought a scott Add R1. I have size 54 with dura ace group(50/34) and wheels (D-Ace CL24). Also rotor 3D and speedplay zero titanium. Also 2 speedplay bidonholders and SMP full carbon saddle. Vredestein latex tires and Fortezza. I am curious about the weighT. i will let you all know. regards from Belgium

jmilliron

by jmilliron

Nice! Make sure to post the weight and photos of it.

daveSP

by daveSP

ok, I expect end next week photo's and weight.

jmilliron

by jmilliron

And here it is with new 3T post and stem. Still planning on trying a new saddle and black brakes at some point.

wisgliebau

by wisgliebau

Hey J, the bike looks really cool. I've never looked into Scott frames much until I saw this one you just built up. Very slick! Anyway, I'm not sure what your saddle choices are and whether they're based on experience or not... But I've got a newer black Selle Italia SLR with ti rails, advertised at 135g (I suspect it's fairly close to that) like this one:

If you'd like to check it out on your bike, I'm in San Francisco and we can throw it on and you can ride it around a bit if you want to see how it feels. Let me know if you're interested. I just bought it used but it's in great shape and am waiting to put it on my regular ride... Once the damn seat post arrives from England! So even I don't know how it feels yet, but I'm young and tolerant, so hopefully it'll work out. :lol: I think it would look really good on your bike, specifically because of it's low profile compared to the Flite you're using currently. Cheers!

-Gregory

MARLON

by MARLON

wisgliebau wrote:Hey J, the bike looks really cool. I've never looked into Scott frames much until I saw this one you just built up. Very slick! Anyway, I'm not sure what your saddle choices are and whether they're based on experience or not... But I've got a newer black Selle Italia SLR with ti rails, advertised at 135g (I suspect it's fairly close to that) like this one:

If you'd like to check it out on your bike, I'm in San Francisco and we can throw it on and you can ride it around a bit if you want to see how it feels. Let me know if you're interested. I just bought it used but it's in great shape and am waiting to put it on my regular ride... Once the damn seat post arrives from England! So even I don't know how it feels yet, but I'm young and tolerant, so hopefully it'll work out. :lol: I think it would look really good on your bike, specifically because of it's low profile compared to the Flite you're using currently. Cheers!

-Gregory

Good idea..or maybe a old Flite TT
FLITE_TT_SCHWARZ[a9jPQWB2LVDIhcX21L6Y9w,,].jpg
BACK IN BLACK

worstshotever

by worstshotever

wisgliebau wrote:...I've got a newer black Selle Italia SLR with ti rails, advertised at 135g (I suspect it's fairly close to that) ....

It's about a 10% margin of error. My white 135g SLR ti rails weighs 148g.

swalburn

by swalburn

I was going to wait for the F01, but I liked the look of this bike so much I just ordered one. I had a chance to ride one for a couple hours in the fall and just loved the bike so much. I can't wait to get mine when it comes in.
Get busy living or get busy dying!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MARLON

by MARLON

swalburn wrote:I was going to wait for the F01, but I liked the look of this bike so much I just ordered one. I had a chance to ride one for a couple hours in the fall and just loved the bike so much. I can't wait to get mine when it comes in.

I own a Addict R2 with ISP
Its a solid Bike but there are much better Bikes out there !
BACK IN BLACK