Parlee Z4

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Denavelo

by Denavelo

Recently sold my 2009 Cervelo R3SL, to get a new Parlee Z4. Want to thank Momentum Cycling for helping with the frame. I bought the frame with the stock red paint job, and sent it to Parlee for a custom paint. I opted for Pearl White paint, Black window with Pearl White decals with sparkling silver outlining. Ghost Parlee logo on the head tube. So far the bike is amazing. I put in a few 2hr rides on it, in the hills around Pasadena. It rides a lot smoother than my R3SL, and has way less road vibration. My main complaint of my Cervelo was the turn in. I found myself overshooting turns a little too much for my liking. I have a BMX Motorcycle background, so I lean in the turns and carve a bunch, and rarely ride my brakes. My Cervelo just didn't like to turn much.. Go figure.

I essentially have the same parts, that were from my Cervelo. As is, the bike weighs 14.2lbs, but this is with the heavier Speedplay X series pedals, and I have Zero Stainless pedals with upgraded Ti spindles and bowties. I'm also in the market for new brakes, hoping someone sells a set of EE brakes for less that retail. I'm also in the market for a set of Lightweight Carbon Tubulars (GenII or GenIII). I wasn't really looking for a weight weenie build, just something in the hi 13's to 14's, with durable parts. I ride daily, so durability is key for my riding habits.

-Parlee Z4 Large Custom Pearl White Paint
-Edge 2.0 Carbon Fork
-Parlee Carbon FD clamp
-SRAM Red cranks 175mm
-SRAM Red Shifters
-SRAM Red brakes
-SRAM Red RD
-SRAM Force FD
-Easton Ceramic rings 53/39
-KCNC 11t pulleys
-KCNC RD Bolts
-KCNC Z6 stainless skewers
-Speedplay Zero stainless pedals
-Aftermarket Ti Zero spindles
-Aftermarket Ti Speedplay bowties
-Edge 31.6 Carbon seatpost
-Edge 120mm Stem
-Edge 45 carbon clincher rims
-Tune Mag 70/180 hubs
-Shimano Pro Vibe round Carbon bars 44cm
-Shimano Ultegra 11-28 cassette
-Selle Italia SLR carbon saddle
-KMC SL-10 chain
-Yokozuna reaction cables and housing
-Conti Gatorskin tires (Good daily mileage tire, rarely flat)

Parlee Z4 by Gomi!, on Flickr
Rob English "Mudfoot" 29er | Focus Izalco Max | Firefly #194 Stainless XCR | Firefly #277 | Neilpryde Bura SL 11.9 | Crust Evasion Lite

jhamlin38

by jhamlin38

nice, ride. I just moved to the pasadena area from NJ a couple months ago. This rain has sucked, eh?
you ride up chaney trail rd?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Denavelo

by Denavelo

Yeah Chantry is one of my local loops. I climb up Chantry, descend back down and then go over Altadena into La Canada and drop back into the Rose Bowl via Lida. Or some days instead of dropping into the Rose Bowl, I'll descend into Glendale via Verdugo. So many loops and climbs around Pasadena.
Rob English "Mudfoot" 29er | Focus Izalco Max | Firefly #194 Stainless XCR | Firefly #277 | Neilpryde Bura SL 11.9 | Crust Evasion Lite

grid256

by grid256

Oh hell yes! Amazing build. In my experience Conti GP4000's have just about as much flat protection as the Gators you mention but ride infinitely smoother. This frame is too nice to roll Gators. My 2¢.

fa63

by fa63

I love Z4s in general, but yours is exceptionally good looking. :thumbup:

steveo

by steveo

I like the idea of 1 red skewer and 1 pink skewer. :beerchug:

Good one gomes!

cl9k24la

by cl9k24la

Nice!!!! I'll probably run into to you one of these days, as I ride the same routes... I've got a Z4 also almost identical but with Dura Ace... Iguess your that guy my friend Yanko was talking about...

Pinokio

by Pinokio

how tall are you?

bike is nice and clean. very good!

exhibitx

by exhibitx

DAMN nice, well done

andy2
in the industry

by andy2

Nice One!
Used to live and ride around there ( Chang Marino), but that was 10yrs ago.. really do miss the weather in a bad way!
rolobikes

Ozrider

by Ozrider

Really neat bike. Nice to see a few Parlles on here that aren't black(mine included)
Really nice wheels you have built up.
Ozrider - Western Australia
Parlee Z5 XL (6055g/13.32lbs) Trek Madone 5.9 (7052-7500g)Jonesman Columbus Spirit (8680g)
Chase your dreams - it's only impossible until it's done

Ozrider

by Ozrider

Have to agree with Grid256 on Conti GP4000S, they are lighter and ride really well. Lots of broken glass where I ride and had 3 flats in 2 years on GP4000S using Conti racelight (75g) tubes
Ozrider - Western Australia
Parlee Z5 XL (6055g/13.32lbs) Trek Madone 5.9 (7052-7500g)Jonesman Columbus Spirit (8680g)
Chase your dreams - it's only impossible until it's done

Denavelo

by Denavelo

I'm 6'1 and the initial pic was taken before I really setup my bike and put in some miles, if you were referring to how much seatpost is exposed.. Note there are no bottle cages.

Yes I ride with Yanco, he's a beast. Tri guys aren't fast, but they can ride forever. I've been wanting to try the conti gp4000 tires, but I don't want to compromise durability. I'm really looking for a set of Lightweight wheels, or maybe I should demo a set. I'm waiting for some 32h Tune hubs from Europe that I'm going to build up as my daily wheelset, so deep carbon will only be used for fast flat rides and local loops.

micky

by micky

Like it!

cl9k24la

by cl9k24la

Let's ride on saturday..... I spoke with Yanko today and he mentioned that you wanted to go for a ride this weekend.... PM me.....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com