Bianchi project (new pics on page 5)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Krull

by Krull

yes, black breaks would be the icing on the cake. black bartape and black saddle would go well together with the bike too, but the celeste variety looks fine also.

Timo

by Timo

Yet with black brakes, saddle and tape I feel it isn't faithful to its past anymore: I tried to model a modern version of the 1990's team bikes (Gewiss)

And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Reckon it needs some celest pedals
Formerly known as Curryinahurry

Timo

by Timo

I've got a set (Look P196) but the 1990's shade of celeste is more blueish compared to the current celeste. Apart from that they're all chipped and scratched, weight a ton and I've set my mind on some Campagnolo Record pedals instead.
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

garyh

by garyh

Timo wrote:Yet with black brakes, saddle and tape I feel it isn't faithful to its past anymore: I tried to model a modern version of the 1990's team bikes (Gewiss)

Keep the celeste saddle and bars, they work great. Just replace the brakes with black ones. The team bike colour scheme works as it is celeste and silver (cranks, stem, seatpost, brakes). Your modern version works as it is celeste (stem) and black (cranks, seatpost) - all it needs is black brakes to complete the 'blackness'. To be faithful to the original you would need to go full silver, to pay homage in a modern way you should go full black. As ever, just my opinion and it is still great as it is.

Timo

by Timo

Well, not sure at all, the bike as it is has a fair amount of polished alu: headset, most of the rear derailleur, the head of the seatpost, all spokes, cassette, chainrings and pedals. They go along nicely with the silver brakes.

Still thinking about those customized Bora's but I fear the ultra stiff alu frame will be too hard to handle and too uncomfortable when combined with high profile rims.

garyh

by garyh

Timo wrote:Well, not sure at all, the bike as it is has a fair amount of polished alu: headset, most of the rear derailleur, the head of the seatpost, all spokes, cassette, chainrings and pedals. They go along nicely with the silver brakes.

It's your bike and you can see it "in the flesh", so you are the best judge. Enjoy it, it's beautiful.

bwindsurfin

by bwindsurfin

If you can throw Bora's on there do it... that bike would be binged out thought I imagine you would loose some of that classic look... Aero wheels can change a bikes look super dramatically

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Timo, that is just a beautiful steed there. Congratulations. There is a lot of TLC put into that build. Don't change a thing.

Timo

by Timo

Kuiper FCT38 with Vittoria Corsa EVO SC tubulars and "classic" Tune skewers...

fa63

by fa63

Bravo, that looks great :thumbup:

BobSantini

by BobSantini

I think you are going to have to get some celeste knicks.
r o y g b i v

Timo

by Timo

What are knicks? Tried google but impossible with all the NY Knicks results.

Willier

by Willier

Timo wrote:What are knicks? Tried google but impossible with all the NY Knicks results.

Knicks are cycling bib shorts ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Willier

by Willier

Timo, bianchi is awesome; you have got the taste!