Storck Aero 2 Build 7.04kg - Updated 14 Dec 2010

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Discoverspeed

by Discoverspeed

Proposed list -

1. Shift group and brake levers - Di2 (Frame is internal Di2 wired)
2. Brakes - Integrated
3. Crank and chainrings - either Storck Powerarms SL + Rotor Q rings or Clavicular THM or Zipp Vuma Chrono
4. Saddle - Selle Italia Optima Technologika (135g)
5. Look Blade (waiting for the new aero platform)
6. Chain - KMC 10XL
7. Wheels - Storck 69
Current Bikes: S-Works Venge 7.3kg
Storck F.3 5.5kg
Colnago Concept Art Deco CHDK 7/6.5kg
Collection: Team Ti Raleigh 753 Vintage Campy
Ex: Storck F0.6 Di2 6kg, Storck F0.7IS Di2 4.8kg, Storck Aero2 7.04kg Storck Organic Light 11.1kg

Wizzo

by Wizzo

Very very nice build coming along! :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

$mokeyJoe

by $mokeyJoe

Discoverspeed, if you're doubting about the cranks i would go for the VumaChrono. You only can get 54T or 55T but i expect you can handle that. The VumChrono are pretty unique and looks very fast. I think they'll look better than the Storck's or THM's.

About the wheels, are you thinking of a disc in the rear or just the 69mm front and rear?

Anyway...great project.

Damn, i wish i could afford this build list! Keep us informed.
*Light is beautiful*
BMC SLC01 5900g ... Litespeed Vortex 6300g ... Merida Carbon Lite 7000g ... Velocite Selene 8000g ... Argon18 E114 +/-8500g ... Trek 1500 9500g

Dougan

by Dougan

What a build :thumbup: you're the same height and ride with the same saddle position as me so I'm looking forward to seeing it finished.

timintense

by timintense

this is gonna be a sweet ride, look forward to seeing the finished article
My bikes:-
- 2014 Lapierre Zesty AM 727-11.9kg
- 2012 Storck Fenomalist Di2 - 7.1kg

Carbon - Lightens your bike and your wallet
OCBD - Obsessive Compulsive Biking Disorder

micky

by micky

:shock:

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

I'm sick with anticipation... this is going to be one sweet ride.

Pantani

by Pantani

Just for info, the Vuma Chrono is available with a 53 ring - or it certainly used to be as I have one on my Dean as previously featured here.
Not everything that counts can be counted. Not everything that can be counted counts.

Discoverspeed

by Discoverspeed

Thanks for the reassurance $mokeyJoe. Pantani - that's right. My local Zipp dealer has one Vuma Chrono 53T in stock - with ceramic BB as well.

I intend to build up the bike with the lighter parts first and see how much of a "weight leeway" I have to switch to the heavier parts. The VumaChrono is 860g with BB and so is quite a big weight penalty over the 596g Powerarms SL w/BB. My aim is to get this TT bike to sub 7.5kg so that I will not hesitate to use it for road rides as well. The VumaChrono has narrower q factor of 146mm I believe - so will be a good comparison to the 152mm q factor for the powerarms. I want to feel if there is going to be any difference to my pedalling, especially if this is going to be a TT setup.
Storck F.3 5.5kg
Ex: Storck F0.6 Di2 6kg, Storck F0.7IS Di2 4.8kg, Storck Aero2 7.04kg Storck Organic Light 11.1kg

giant man

by giant man

You have great taste in bikes discoverspeed, your Dogma was fantastic and I am sure this will be too. Looking forward to the final build immensly.

You go boy!!!

sethjkay
Shop Owner

by sethjkay

Fantastic!

$mokeyJoe

by $mokeyJoe

I guess you won't feel much difference about the wider Q-factor of the PowerArms. Actually, i didn't notice any difference apart that i brought my cleats a bit closer to the cranks after having installed my PowerAms.

I can follow you when you say that you are trying to get a TT bike around or under 7.5kg but this is still a aerodynamik bike. I suspect you'll use it for flat TT's or are you also going uphill? I guess that your goal of 7.5kg isn't that difficult to reach...Are you serious when you say that you're going to use the bike also as a road bike?!? Man, you've other bikes to ride roadraces with them. Well, don't feel attacked, i'm just asking. ;-)

Another Q, now about wheels. Are you going for tubulars? May i guess this one?...yes!

Further any idea of cassette(Ti 11-21?), brake levers(Shimano stock TT brake/shifter?)? Is there actually a place to attach a bottle cage or something on the frame?

Well, interesting bike Discoverspeed! Keep us informed!

Cheers
*Light is beautiful*
BMC SLC01 5900g ... Litespeed Vortex 6300g ... Merida Carbon Lite 7000g ... Velocite Selene 8000g ... Argon18 E114 +/-8500g ... Trek 1500 9500g

Sybarite

by Sybarite

The Vuma Chrono rings are only supposed to work better with a 7800 chain....

Discoverspeed

by Discoverspeed

Thanks $mokeyJoe and Sybarite for comments and tips.

Cassette will be 11-25 - again, I ride mixed terrain and I usually just stick to the big chain ring as the slopes in Singapore are not that steep. The wider range keeps me on the big. Tubulars? Hmmm... a name which I shall not mention - they work for me and have not flatted, so I am just gonna ride them bald/ flat before I switch to FMB Silk (got a pair standing by). Bottle cage holes are on seat and down tubes. Will try with KMC chain first to see if it works.
Storck F.3 5.5kg

Discoverspeed

by Discoverspeed

Baby's out! Draft build #1 done last night. Build was delayed as wrench had to do a mid-week trip back to his hometown to witness the birth of his own baby boy - two "babies" (one aptly named Storck as well) in a week. Congrats!

This build is more to test setup. Will experiment with Vuma Chrono later this week as there is enough "fat" in this draft build @ 7.04kg

Photos taken late last night. Will post better ones tomorrow.

Storck F.3 5.5kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com