AX Lightness Saddles

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

I was looking today at an Endurance model AX saddle in my LBS. It would look cool, more so than the Selle Italia Evo3 that is still sitting in it's box to go on my new bike, but can anyone tell me how they are comfortwise? I've been using the GPM Stealth 2000 for several years now, and that is my benchmark saddle for comfort.

I did a search, but the comments are short in duration of use, so I figure a few more months down the road people might have something different to say, hence the new thread.
Ride lightly!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

martin

by martin

I rode my "sprint" for about 5000+ km last year, including day trips of 250km and 210km, and a one-week race. No problems at all. Better than the Flite's i used before!
a Teammate of mine owns two of them, he rides about 18000-20000km/year, same result.
It seems that the model without the padding is actually more comfortable. And the padding tends to took ugly very fast.

Martin

mises

by mises

It really depends on your own posterior, but I have a padded endurance and it's my favorite saddle ever. I think all the padding really does is take a little road buzz away since it is quite easy to bottom it out with just finger pressure. It does keep you from sliding around on the saddle though.

If you are less than 75kg I would recommend ordering from the EU somewhere rather than getting the heavier versions in the US. They are very noticeably less comfortable so unless you need the extra material the lighter ones are definitely better for more than just weight savings.

martin

by martin

mises wrote:It really depends on your own posterior, but I have a padded endurance and it's my favorite saddle ever. I think all the padding really does is take a little road buzz away since it is quite easy to bottom it out with just finger pressure. It does keep you from sliding around on the saddle though.

That is exactly why i like the smooth surface of my "sprint": the shorts slide on the saddle, whereas with a padded saddle, the shorts stuck to the saddle's surface and the rubbing was done between my but and the chamois - always had inflammeated roots of hair in that area :roll:

But as you say, this might be different for different people...

cyclemanpat

by cyclemanpat

I weigh 152 lbs and have broke 2 AX saddles......Axel(at AX) told me that my seatpost wasn't rounded enough at the clamp and it snapped the rails??? Not sure, but that was a very expensive lesson

giovanni

by giovanni

Hey ye old bald one,
I sent you a P.M , I have A brand new AX lightness endurance never used for sale VERY CHEAP call me.

Florian
Site Admin

by Florian

cyclemanpat wrote:I weigh 152 lbs and have broke 2 AX saddles......Axel(at AX) told me that my seatpost wasn't rounded enough at the clamp and it snapped the rails??? Not sure, but that was a very expensive lesson

What seatpost was involved?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

It's mine! All mine :twisted:
Ride lightly!