GALLERY ! Your Crossbikes

Moderator: Moderator Team

Post Reply
wuwo
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: vienna
Contact:

by wuwo

timintense wrote:look like Lightweights with the decals removed



exactly. :)

User avatar
kfreytag
Posts: 287
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: Oakland, CA

by kfreytag

wuwo wrote:
timintense wrote:look like Lightweights with the decals removed



exactly. :)


Well, I thought so, and it got me thinking that I might run my Lightweights instead of buying some new tubulars just for 'cross. How have they been?

Although I don't want to do it, how did you remove the logos? I know they look like they were painted by a 12-year-old with a bad stencil and an old bottle of Krylon, but they have a certain classic look to them.
Life's too short to ride clinchers.

Current:
Parlee Z-Zero ISP
Santa Cruz Stigmata CC

Past:
Ridley X-Fire Disc

by Weenie


Fred from Jupiter
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:26 pm

by Fred from Jupiter

This is my one for this season


Image

Image

User avatar
StefanR
Posts: 1187
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:59 pm

by StefanR

anyway, cross bike has to look like this:

Image
diversity.....

""the sheeps get loud... when the wolf is gone....."" Juan Marquez

helios
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:27 pm
Location: STL

by helios

Image
IMAG0028 by htfu_aaron, on Flickr

Crux Elite frameset
Rival drivetrain with a Bontrager wanker crank
TRP EuroX front/CR950 rear
Nokon
Reflex CD rims/Ultegra 6700 hubs
Challenge Fango 32
Thomson Elite post/Easton EA90 stem/Bontrager wanker bar (but I really like the shape)

Sweet sweet ride especially compared to my Fisher Presidio :thumbup:

hanoskator
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:49 pm
Location: Groningen, The Netherlands

by hanoskator

Here's my crossbike, it probably weighs arround 8kgs, any comments?

builtlist
Frame: lapierre
Fork: lappiere
group: Shimano ultegra
brakes: Spooky aluminum
Cranks: Fsa gossamer with 36-46 TA rings
wheels: 4za T50
TUbes: Fmb SSC 32
Saddle: Selle Italia SLr
bars: ritchey Wcs
Seatpost: ritchey WCS
STem: ritchey WCS

I'm having a problem with the ritchey seatpost, when i ride over a bump or through a hole , the saddle jumps backwards, in a way that the nose of the saddle points into the air. i've totally cleaned the post already and put on some tacx paste but it doesn't help, im thinking about buying a new seatpost or do you guys know a solution for this problem? the seatpost is three years old.

Image

User avatar
cerro
Posts: 1374
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Contact:

by cerro

hanoskator: Just change to a good seatpost, that clamp isn't good at all.
/jonas l
http://cerrol.wordpress.com (my cyclingblog)

Bikersander
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:07 pm

by Bikersander

hanoskator wrote:Here's my crossbike, it probably weighs arround 8kgs, any comments?

builtlist
Frame: lapierre
Fork: lappiere
group: Shimano ultegra
brakes: Spooky aluminum
Cranks: Fsa gossamer with 36-46 TA rings
wheels: 4za T50
TUbes: Fmb SSC 32
Saddle: Selle Italia SLr
bars: ritchey Wcs
Seatpost: ritchey WCS
STem: ritchey WCS

I'm having a problem with the ritchey seatpost, when i ride over a bump or through a hole , the saddle jumps backwards, in a way that the nose of the saddle points into the air. i've totally cleaned the post already and put on some tacx paste but it doesn't help, im thinking about buying a new seatpost or do you guys know a solution for this problem? the seatpost is three years old.

Image


Or you lose some weight by yourself :oops: ;-)

rgkicksbutt
Posts: 468
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:58 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

by rgkicksbutt

UCI banned single bolt seat posts for a reason

User avatar
Rich_W
Posts: 1845
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:31 pm
Location: Funky Town, NJ

by Rich_W

rgkicksbutt wrote:UCI banned single bolt seat posts for a reason


Interesting, so what about this guy's two bolt Ritchey carbon post?

FWIW, I use Ritchey WCS 1-Bolt 1 bolt posts on my duplicate CX bikes, and zero issues.

hanoskator
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:49 pm
Location: Groningen, The Netherlands

by hanoskator

it's probably not the weight , i weigh 69kgs, that's pretty normal for a bike rider i guess, The seatpost is the two bolted aluminum version, I'm probably going to change the post, getting sick of having to stop every cross at the post to change bike or put the saddle horizontal again.

thanks for the replies.

Hanos

Bikersander
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:07 pm

by Bikersander

hanoskator wrote:it's probably not the weight , i weigh 69kgs, that's pretty normal for a bike rider i guess, The seatpost is the two bolted aluminum version, I'm probably going to change the post, getting sick of having to stop every cross at the post to change bike or put the saddle horizontal again.

thanks for the replies.

Hanos


Haha Anne, geintje;-)

rgkicksbutt
Posts: 468
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:58 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

by rgkicksbutt

Rich_W wrote:Interesting, so what about this guy's two bolt Ritchey carbon post?

FWIW, I use Ritchey WCS 1-Bolt 1 bolt posts on my duplicate CX bikes, and zero issues.


my mistake, but its the same 'slider' type adjustment (looks akin to a single bolt design from the side...). In my experience, after these types slip a couple times they slip much easier.

ciclistarapdio
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:02 pm
Location: Germany

by ciclistarapdio

This is my Empella:
Image
Updated Image
Last edited by ciclistarapdio on Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie


Müsing
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:50 am
Location: Ruhrarea, Germany

by Müsing

This is my ride for the season. Team crossladen.de Quantec SLR.

Image

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post