Calfee Dragonfly Tandem 22.4 lbs ["Best Tandem" at NAHBS]

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

djconnel

by djconnel

Maiden voyage @ Solvang Century yesterday?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jz4nyc

by jz4nyc

ritterview--how do you like that belt drive setup? any significant difference vs. a chain?

thanks for any info....

cheers.

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Please. Please. Please. Write up a review and share a few pics of this tandem 'in action'.
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

eric94110

by eric94110

No aim in one-ups-man-ship, but we're having a d-fly build with internal DI2. Large/Small frame and similar components as you. For your weights did you list advertised weights ordid you place each item on a scale? We will weigh each item to compare advertised weight vs. real and see what the build turns out to be. We will also "tune" most parts (seat posts trimmed to minimum extension +10cm). I'll post the build in comparison to yours as soon as we are done -with pics!

djconnel

by djconnel

Top of Old La Honda during 2010 Low-Key Hillclimb series week 2. Ritterview coordinated week 8 this past weekend and did an absolutely fantastic job, personally saving me from, well, trouble. Anyway, I owe him for that, and it's been great finally seeing his really wonderful bike in the flesh. Honestly I didn't appreciate it fully until I saw it in person.

For Di2, it seems a tandem is the perfect application for that. The weight savings and performance gain from the long cable runs are that much higher.

eric94110

by eric94110

Awesome! We bay area tandem riders should plan a gathering and ride sometime - up Old La Honda along with some fast flats for the wheel-sucking singles!

AshesDust

by AshesDust

I think I saw this bike at one of the rest stops on the Sequoia Century in Palo Alto. Was certainly drawing a crowd.

skm

by skm

Hi Ritterview,
I live in Menlo Park and I am in the process of building a lightweight tandem. I gather you are local and I was wondering if you can email me offline so I could stop by and discuss my build in person. If that is ok, just email me directly. Somehow this forum will not let me contact users directly, probably because I am too new.
Thank you