So what are you doing now?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

limba

by limba

It's freezing in Canada and will be for at least another month.I ride my trainer for 30-60 minutes or jog 7-8k or do some light weights,push ups,sit ups.What's everyone else doing in the off season?Got any good trainer workouts?

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

limba wrote:It's freezing in Canada and will be for at least another month.I ride my trainer for 30-60 minutes or jog 7-8k or do some light weights,push ups,sit ups.What's everyone else doing in the off season?Got any good trainer workouts?

It was sunny and in thehigh 60's today :D

I had to be at my desk, no ride time :roll:

For a trainer workout, put in your fave Tour mountain stage and pump out an hour or so in tempo.
Ride lightly!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spaniardclimber

by spaniardclimber

During the week I do 2 weight sessions and 3 1h-1:30 trainer session at low intensity. On weekends two long rides (+2:30h) at low intensity.
Its not that cold here in Barcelona!

Rupert

by Rupert

My first training camp starts in three weeks, so I try to do a lot of things like playing badminton, go to the gym or jog 1 hour. At the weekend I´m on the road for about 5 hours at low-middle intensity…

Bruiser

by Bruiser

I don't train at any point in the year but race at every opportunity. Does racing stop during the Winter? Our winters are downright warm and racing is 12 months of the year.
Currently I race on Sat and do beach sprints to work my calves and use the week to recover after working hard during my race/s. It's working quite well.

Weekend Warrior

Ivan

by Ivan

Its cold here (allways between -5 and +10 °C) and lots of rain but i still do around 150 - 250 km a week. Just need to clean my bike more often then. I dont do much indoor training, its pretty boring to me.

Fe

by Fe

Right now I'm sitting in front of my computer ..... :?

But I try to train 10 to 13 hours a week on the bike. Besides that some running and to the gym.

Try to commute 2 days a week (single journey 1.5 hour) and in the weekends I train at least one time 4 to 5 hours. That's mighty cold in these (around zero) temperatures, but I like it once I'm on my way.

Have to do that to build a good base for the upcoming season !!!

Happy trails !
Last edited by Fe on Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joel

by Joel

Ivan wrote:Its cold here (allways between -5 and +10 °C) and lots of rain but i still do around 150 - 250 km a week. Just need to clean my bike more often then. I dont do much indoor training, its pretty boring to me.

The Belgian weather sucks in the winter, you need your rain coat :(

okr

by okr

I try to get 20-25 hrs a week: 2 low intensity bikerides 3-5 hrs, 2-3 times a week i xc-ski (2-3hrs of medium intensity) 2workouts of powerintervals on the trainer, 1-2 highspeed intervals. Pure resistance work is done via Compex.

My problem is approx. 1metre of snow and -5 to -10 degrees C outside...Hard to do more than 3hrs outside..Last week we had -20 degrees C, luckily I`m heading for southern France next week!

limba

by limba

Yeah it's always cold here like -16oc,-26oC with the windchill.I can't do any serious training at that temp.My hands are gonna get frost bitten.
I guess I'll have to keep running for a couple more months.

Racing Aardvark

by Racing Aardvark

During the week, I do either short aerobic rides, 2 spin/lift/spin workouts, and rest. On the weekends, I get in my longer rides. We've had really nice weather here lately (in the 50s), but tis hould be getting colder and snowing soon. No biggie, that's what MTBs are for. ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tobias

by tobias

...i seriously had to work:D
i´m an admin, so i´m sometimes having a litte spare time waiting...

tobias.
nothing.