Colnago C50

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

outnumbered

by outnumbered

Not a big fan of the seatpost either... since you have the saddle pretty far forward on that post, something less eccentric and with less setback would look a lot nicer (imho obviously).

Can't argue with the rest of it, speaking as a fellow owner :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gumgardner

by gumgardner

after further review, I don't like the saddle. I think it would look better in all black.

rico

by rico

Did I see this standing around in Sigma a few weeks ago? Anyway, I've said it before and I'll say it again - beautiful bike Napoleon.

NapD

by NapD

outnumbered wrote:Not a big fan of the seatpost either... since you have the saddle pretty far forward on that post, something less eccentric and with less setback would look a lot nicer (imho obviously).

Can't argue with the rest of it, speaking as a fellow owner :D

As I said in the initial post, the setback is needed, it looks far forward but it's actually bang in the middle of the useable portion of the rails. People said that on my last bike that had 25mm setback and the saddle was set as far back as possible!

WRT the saddle, it's an old one from a previous build, I do fancy an all black one but skint now I've spent all my money on the rest of it!

NapD

by NapD

rico wrote:Did I see this standing around in Sigma a few weeks ago? Anyway, I've said it before and I'll say it again - beautiful bike Napoleon.

No, and cheers!

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

I rarely comment on appearance but I'll wade in. I think there is too much going on. The nature of the graphics on the frame create too much visual competition with the other components. IMO the bike would look much better if seat, seatpost, stem and perhaps also wheels were simply black. Some bikes get away with like colours on all the parts but not here.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

NapD

by NapD

Mr.Gib wrote:I rarely comment on appearance but I'll wade in. I think there is too much going on. The nature of the graphics on the frame create too much visual competition with the other components. IMO the bike would look much better if seat, seatpost, stem and perhaps also wheels were simply black. Some bikes get away with like colours on all the parts but not here.

Fixed just for you!

istepinyards

by istepinyards

:lol: No I love it the way it is.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

That's pretty nice. Allows the frame to get all the attention. IMO logos on the other parts are OK but when they are loaded up with color like the FSA stuff it's a bit too much.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

majklnajt

by majklnajt

I dont like it that way. It`s much much better just the way it is now!!!

NapD

by NapD

I prefer it as it is too, hence it is that way!

Lafolie

by Lafolie

I wouldn't keep messing around with it, the pictures with the bora logo's is just fine. You are the owner of a very fine C50 frame which you must be very proud of!