Kids on bikes.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

deleted
Last edited by xnavalav8r on Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

Sorry all... I meant to put this in the cycle chat category. Would a mod be willing to move it for me?

chrism

by chrism

xnavalav8r wrote:Sorry all... I meant to put this in the cycle chat category.

Well I'd not have spotted it if it was, here's my son (age 3 3/4) decidedly OT for the road forum. It is quite light for a kids bike I guess :D
http://www.vimeo.com/15789738
No scales on the trails

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

My son and daughter. My daughter had been an excercise in patience for getting her to ride. About 6 weeks ago I finally told her I would no longer hold the bike or run behind her- she had to figure out how to get started by herself. It worked!

I expect my son to be off the 3-wheeler next spring and riding a 12in bike- he'll be 4 in feb- I wouldnt be surprised if he's riding without training wheels by the summer. He's more athletic/coordinated than my daughter and of course, he wants to do everything his sister can do. Even worse, with things like that, he has no fear whatsoever!
Attachments
DSCF5162a.jpg
DSCF5165a.jpg
Speedplay is the devil!

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

I like how you added a little 'stack height' to the pedals on the tricycle so he can reach the pedals! How's the fit? :lol:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Tumppi

by Tumppi

My son Kalle. 6½ year. Testing new cyclocross bike and YES I know a bit too big for him, but not anymore after winter.
Attachments
Kalle_road.jpg

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

prendrefeu wrote:I like how you added a little 'stack height' to the pedals on the tricycle so he can reach the pedals! How's the fit? :lol:

It works- nothing like a little leftover hardwood flooring and zip-ties in a pinch!
Speedplay is the devil!

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Nice job, Dads.

The closest I can get my two-year old son to a bike right now is the bike trailer. Right now he's slumming it in a Fred Flintstone-powered Cozy Coupe (4-wheeled toy car with a hole in the floorboard for his feet). Hopefully he'll graduate to a three-wheeler next spring / summer.

[OT: I can't believe the insanely high weight of my >20yr old MTB and that's before I hook-up the heavy bike trailer! They're SO heavy and inefficient, but I still hear "Faster, daddy!"]

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

Johnny Rad wrote:Nice job, Dads.

The closest I can get my two-year old son to a bike right now is the bike trailer. Right now he's slumming it in a Fred Flintstone-powered Cozy Coupe (4-wheeled toy car with a hole in the floorboard for his feet). Hopefully he'll graduate to a three-wheeler next spring / summer.

[OT: I can't believe the insanely high weight of my >20yr old MTB and that's before I hook-up the heavy bike trailer! They're SO heavy and inefficient, but I still hear "Faster, daddy!"]

I remember when it was just my daughter and we used to go to the rail trail-- 8 miles-- I used an old steel specialized sequoia from the early 90's and the trailer. My daughter used to fall asleep and I used to push 17-20mph (it was flat) to make it worthwhile. Nothing like passing people with that setup!
Speedplay is the devil!

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

When my son was 2 I bought him a tiny Schwinn with 10" wheels. We took the crank and chain off so he could learn to balance on it before worrying about pedaling.

Or you could consider something like this... http://www.speedgoat.com/Catalog.aspx/Browse?Prod=16458

dgasmd

by dgasmd

I can't believe that with as many perverts that roam the internet these days you guys are posting pictures of your kids. More power to you I guess............

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

Considering how many guys on this forum get aroused by bicycles, I think pedophiles are the least of our worries... (a joke)

That seems a bit alarmist. After all, my son's photo and name have been in Velonews, The BMXer, the local newspaper, and the ABA website. Somehow I think this site is less likely to attract unwanted attention. Unless you know something we don't...

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

deleted
Last edited by xnavalav8r on Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KH1

by KH1

dgasmd wrote:I can't believe that with as many perverts that roam the internet these days you guys are posting pictures of your kids. More power to you I guess............

:unbelievable: This is the kind of post that is most likely to attract the unsavory. It's just a kids on bikes thread FFS!
This world turns more and more paranoid and alarmist every day.
Don't let the truth get in the way of good story...
2023 Propel Advanced SL (Growing in the Petrie dish)
2022 Trance Advanced Pro 1
2021 Revolt Advanced 1
2020 TCR Advanced SL 0 (Dead)
2019 Fathom 1 29er
2017 TCR Advanced Pro 0

vladoo

by vladoo

I dont have a son yet, but this is one of my dreams to have a son - cyclist. My girlfriend is riding, too, so the situation is good and he should have the bike in his blood :)
Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred. (V. Havel, november 1989)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com