Neil Pryde Alize

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

nycmtber

by nycmtber

fa63

by fa63

That is a nice looking frame. Did you get any weights, by any chance?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Musiker

by Musiker

Looks great.
Weight?
How does it handle?
Its their first year in the bike game?
I love my Nielpryde windsurfing gear - They normally keep a high standard, with all their gear.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Wow, looks beautiful!

Thing is - I literally *just* finished a night time group-ride (aka road race) around town, and a guy in the peloton was riding a "Gitane Distinctive" (but I can find no information on this frame at this time?) that was the exact same frameset. I mean, literally e-x-a-c-t just with a different graphic/color set. He loved his, I'm sure you'll love yours too.
He's also a f*cking fast dude. Was state champ in crits 2004, now races masters and wins... often. Beast!!!
:beerchug:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

nycmtber

by nycmtber

Interesting. No idea what that's about. The frame was designed from scratch and is new this year...

nycmtber

by nycmtber

Musiker wrote:Looks great.
Weight?
How does it handle?
Its their first year in the bike game?
I love my Nielpryde windsurfing gear - They normally keep a high standard, with all their gear.

Yes, first year making bikes.

The claimed weights on their sites are accurate. This frame is a little over 1000 grams and the fork is 350. the company claims they designed it to ride well and not just be ultra-light. so far I have to agree. it has a much better ride quality than my previous two carbon bikes - cervelo RS and most recently a team bike that's I believe a pedal force qs3 painted. i want to say it's really stiff in the BB, and after saying that once before elsewhere, I thought maybe it's just the overall package that feels more responsive and rides better.

this weekend i'm going to ride it hard and long through very hilly terrain so will report back with more feedback.

the complete bike pictured weighs a tiny bit below 16 pounds. it's tempting to weight weenie some of the parts out but for now I'll leave it alone.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

nycmtber wrote:Interesting. No idea what that's about. The frame was designed from scratch and is new this year...

Yeah, that's odd. I'll see if I can ask my friends to track that guy down and get the word on his frame, then get back to you via PM if I find anything out.
I mean, literally, it's the exact same frame. So much so that after last night's ride, coming home and seeing a picture of the very same frame I was trying to chase down most of the night had me thinking I was seeing ghosts.

Anyway, sounds like an awesome frameset!! Rock on!

Fuchspk

by Fuchspk

thats not that unkomon....many frames are made in the same factory and just got the label from some company.
often they got a different thing on it but not always

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

Does not look like the Neil Pryde to me? http://www.gitane.com/fr/equipe-pro.html

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

The link you provided for the Gitane pro team shows the bike on the front - but I can't seem to find that actual frame listed in their offerings. Perhaps then we could resolve the difference?

Edit #1: I may have found it...
Edit #2: Nevermind, the NeilPryde is completely different! Kudos to NYCMTBER. (http://www.definitive-gitane.com/en/the ... ne,13.html)

nycmtber

by nycmtber

Glad that was resolved! My own digging discovered a video detailing the collaboration with BMW design group to develop the frame:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz6ZEVc_grg

cwdzoot
Shop Owner

by cwdzoot

Pics of my Alize, been riding it exactly one week and I love it. Will be in Georgia next week testing the Diablo. Look out for a review on my blog in weeks to come.
Instagram - stylish square bike pics
Flickr - over 20 million views for good reason
Facebook - friends get the good info & coupons first

nycmtber

by nycmtber

Very nice. I almost went with that color. I'm curious to read your diablo experience. It was a tough choice between the two frames.

I got an email from them this AM that they are running a competition to win a free bike:
http://www.neilprydebikes.com/euro/cust ... ompetition

a_avery007

by a_avery007

to the Giant Defy Advanced line, wonder if Giant is the one manufacturing the frame??

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ciclistarapdio

by ciclistarapdio

What Crankset do you use there?