Scott Team Issue 2002 vs Stevens M8 2003?? Please help me

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Prof. Xavier

by Prof. Xavier

Hi,

i got a big problem, i dont know which bike i should buy.
I can have a Scott Team Issue with 9,1KG weight from 2002. Its used but its from a dealer who is very carfull with his bikes. Its has new Brakes and and a new XTR Group. He has to sell it because hes no more Scott dealer.
He wants to have 2099€ its about 2100$ (dollars). Is it a good price?
Or should i save some money and i buy myself a new 2003 M8 from Stevens??
Please help me, i am a noob in biking.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

karlux

by karlux

My sugestion is not to buy any bike from shops. Don't buy complete bike, better build it by yourself. It will be much cheaper and the bike will be much better.
You should probably buy only the Scott Team Issue frame, it is real great and light.
All other parts aren't good enough for that money, thats my opinion!
Light weight everything!

nikh

by nikh

I think thats a good price to be honest, in the states the frame is worth over a $1000 this is the scandium model which I think your talking about add on the XTR gruoppo and you have yourself a deal.
I must admit I haven't checked the prices lately but off the top of my head its a good price you have there.
Post this question on MTBR you might have a better response.

http://forums13.consumerreview.com/crforum?14@@.ee7b9a2[/url]

Cyco

by Cyco

Karlux, It looks like Prof. X. is buying the shop owners own bike. These are often good deals. (If your tall have a look at my Norco Rush in the for sale section).

JK

by JK

Hey, €2100 is cheap for any bike that has a new XTR group on it... this bike costs about €4600 new! http://www.bikediscount.de/html/rac-issue.html

If the frame is in good shape (Check the welds for cracks and all of the tubing for dents!), I would go for it. You would get a first class race bike, instead of a second league Stevens. That is... if the shop owner did not "steal" original parts, such as wheels or fork and replaced them with cheaper counterparts.

If the bike still weighs 9,1kg, he probably did not.

by Guest

Prof. Xavier wrote:Hi,

i got a big problem, i dont know which bike i should buy.
I can have a Scott Team Issue with 9,1KG weight from 2002. Its used but its from a dealer who is very carfull with his bikes. Its has new Brakes and and a new XTR Group. He has to sell it because hes no more Scott dealer.
He wants to have 2099€ its about 2100$ (dollars). Is it a good price?
Or should i save some money and i buy myself a new 2003 M8 from Stevens??
Please help me, i am a noob in biking.

If it is a stock(originnaly equipped) bike, it is probably a good buy. Where are you from?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com