Baum Ristretto - a Giro style re-introduction!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Ok so after what was a calamitous event event which ended up in my BH dying :( I've now gone and replaced it with a frame that should be able to withstand events such that would (and did) kill a carbon fiber frame.

Here it is, my new steel Baum Ristretto. Tubing is primarily Dedacacci. All the other parts (aside from the saddle) are from the BH. Ideally I would be running a Powertap wheelset that I recently acquired, however am missing one tiny but vital part so not able to run them :(

Weight was just a shade under 8.1kg, which given the spec's of the bike I am REALLY happy with. The geo's are pretty much spot on how I have the 595 set up, but for the sake of getting used to a new bike there are 10mm more spacers in than will likely be the case come a months time.
Top tube is actually 10mm shorter than the 595, however stem is 10mm longer as Darren feels this adds to the stability of the bike. So really looking forward to seeing the difference in handling from that aspect. Also should provide a nice little hit out between carbon fiber and steel - given the almost exact fits of the two bikes.

Was hoping to race this in this weekends Melbourne to Warrnambool, however only have a limited amount of rides left to get comfortable on it so may end up that the 595 gets rolled out on Saturday.

Whatever the case, I know it'll be getting a LOT of time over the coming months :mrgreen:

(apologies for the pic quality, light not the best inside)

The cable stops are fantastic!

no kidding, oddly one of my favourite parts of the bike :oops:

And the welded on chain protector too

another excellent little touch. There are so many of these, I'm sure I'll continue to come across them as I get more and more familiar with the bike.

More pic's in here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41704477@N ... 023118991/

and once the weather clears I'll get some better ones!
Last edited by Tinea Pedis on Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

devinci

by devinci

those Baum are sick looking bike. I like it, simple, nice traditionnal geo, classic bars, very nice bike!!

:thumbup:

ahumblecycler

by ahumblecycler

Hot! Hot! Hot!

I approve :thumbup:

PM me the story about the BH sometime ... and I will feel you in my recent run in with a Toyota Camry and my two new road bikes (to be featured in this thread sometime in the future).

LouisN

by LouisN

Pure class !!!!! :beerchug:

Louis :)

tarz

by tarz

Tinea, it's here!!!!

It looks fan-freakin-tastic mate, congrats!!!
Your new baum kit has its proper home now :thumbup:

I can just imagine that that colour in the sun would look amazing!

You may have just inspired me to go towards a steel frame for my new frame instead of carbon, I really dont think I can stretch for two bikes, and with steel frames being built as well as these ones, who cares if they weigh a little more (Oh O.....i'll just wait for the responses haha....jokes)

Congrats again mate!

ENJOY 8)

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Tinea, congratulations :thumbup: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

Timo

by Timo

Absolutely wonderful...but we demand better, sharper pictures :thumbup:
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

I'd ride that.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

devinci

by devinci

Its funny to congrat people because they have a nice bike, its like if they had purchased a new house or like if the GF was pregnant

:P

dj97223

by dj97223

I'm diggin' the black and white panel scheme. :thumbup:
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

The lighting really does not do the colour justice :( it's actually 'aubergine' (very dark purple).

I'll get some more pic's in the daylight soon and give it a better showing.

devinci

by devinci

I noticed the aubergine color :smartass:

The picture of the cahinstay shows it a bit

Although I was wondering if I had hallucinations wether it was black or purple.

worstshotever

by worstshotever

Congrats TP on your Baum. That BH lasted about a minute. How many rides did you even get on it before it gave yp the ghost? Or is it too painful to contemplate?

I'm getting ready to rebuild my steel frame LeMond as a winter bike.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Was nothing wrong with the BH :? Got over 1000km on it, so was nice and settled.

I am excited that I have a new bike yes, but would could have done without the hassle of being without my race bike less than a week out of the Warny.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

GGG

by GGG

Thats a beautiful bike right there! Looks hot without being fancy or extroverted.

Look forward to better pics to bring out that goregous colour.

A Baum is definitely on my future buying list.
Current Harem: Sally (Serotta Nove - Ti/C), Peggie (Pegoretti Love #3 - Alu), Speedy Custom Baum (Corretto - Ti)* & Climbing Baum (Corretto - Ti)*

*Lady names just never came to me.