nobody mentioned these: Strawber

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

FreaK

by FreaK

The only thing i've heard about this outfit came from stumbling upon them on Roues Artisanales.
They call them Strawber (reminds me of the frame building tool guy in the states http://www.strawberrybicycle.com/) and they look way friggin cooler than the madfiber everyone's all excited about.
It would be nice to find out a bit more. http://www.rouesartisanales.com/article-53427550.html
like is there a website?

it's actually possible to come to the conclusion even before realising it makes no sense at all
-
tymon_tm

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

King Weel

by King Weel

Specialized S-Works Allez (the shiny one :) )
Turner Czar custom
Working on a new S-Works Tarmac custom!

mythical

by mythical

FreaK wrote:nobody mentioned these: Strawber
actually.... :D :wink: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=75708&start=88 but don't let that spoil the fun... I wonder if they'll be UCI legal. :roll:
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

tommyb

by tommyb

Interested in these for a while now, made by Corima?? - http://www.strawber.com/strawber-ENG/co ... ntact.html

King Weel

by King Weel

They look similar to Corima's (indeed, like Strawber's current wheels) MCC wheels.
Specialized S-Works Allez (the shiny one :) )
Turner Czar custom
Working on a new S-Works Tarmac custom!

Estelja

by Estelja

There is reference to them having been related to Corima in the past (disgruntled former employees?). They have foreign to English translation that makes most of the Chinese sites seem normal. My favorite part of their wheel descriptions:

"- Aerodynamique profile who reduces your effort and gives you a nervousness which facilitates relaunchings
-Solidity : the integral carbon construction on a foam ame of polymethacrylate insuresan excellent resistance
- Weight : the wheel rim of 375 gr limits the slowness in rotation and facilitates relaunchings "

pbb99

by pbb99

"His lightness in fact the queen of summits!"
"(300 gr. in intestine and 420 gr. in tire)"

FreaK

by FreaK

hahahha, Awesome!

ze french, always a source of good lulz!
it's actually possible to come to the conclusion even before realising it makes no sense at all
-
tymon_tm

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

Company info page is interesting:

http://www.strawber.com/strawber-ENG/company/company.html

Mr. Valery Fraise (fraise = strawberry) found some sweet strawberrys and decided to sail his own course?

Ciao, ;)
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

rowdysluggins

by rowdysluggins

The wives and girlfriends out here might help pay for wheels that will "give you a nervousness which facilitates relaunchings". :D

gumgardner

by gumgardner

I think these look a whole lot scarier than the MadFiber. Giant holes in the rim for the spokes, that weak looking connection point on the spokes. I don't know.... Id feel a lot more confident riding the MadFibers ( as long as those stickers were removed :wink: )

Deruneinholbare

by Deruneinholbare

They are real shitty wheels, I had a pair and the engineering is hideous.
Apparently this Mr. Fraise hasn't ever seen any engineering school even from the outside!
The mistakes made in the Mavic Ksyrium wheels with the CF spokes were repeated and made worse:
The spokes are fixed to the outer rim by small Titanium screws, and have no way to move in either direction.
given the specific propertys of the Carbon fibers they dont strech, so in case of any strong impact the tiny truing screws will get all the compression and break. This effect also results in frequent truing and weak wheels.

P.S. I have a rear wheel for sale ;) pm me if interested

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

micky

by micky

That would explain why you don't see many remarked by FFWD for sale.