Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jonm

by jonm

8) Very, very nice indeed!

bencolem

by bencolem

Very, very nice (can't beat the grey metal!). How do you find the fork? Clavicula's would go well with them!

tibikeboy

by tibikeboy

Simple but very elegant. That bike must be pretty light...can't post a picture up without the weight :wink:

limba

by limba

Wicked. How is the ride? Do you like the stem and seatpost?

TxMoots7

by TxMoots7

Great bike. I have a Moots Compact SL. You will be so pleased w/ your bike. Please post components, too. What crankset are you running?

fa63

by fa63

It is the Cannondale Hollowgram SiSL crankset, but with Stronglight chainrings?

Great looking bike, by the way. More pics and a build list with a weight would be appreciated. :D

Roobay

by Roobay

Yeah... 8)
now we talking..
Always liked MOOTS, and this is a beauty :thumbup:
I would like to see it with some dim rim carbons on it though :D
i like people... i just can't stand assholes

KH1

by KH1

The more titanium I see the more I think i want one.
How is the ride? What rims are those?
Don't let the truth get in the way of good story...
2023 Propel Advanced SL (Growing in the Petrie dish)
2022 Trance Advanced Pro 1
2021 Revolt Advanced 1
2020 TCR Advanced SL 0 (Dead)
2019 Fathom 1 29er
2017 TCR Advanced Pro 0

fa63

by fa63

Looks like a Mavic R-SYS wheelset.

Fe

by Fe

Hi,

First of all, a build-list:

Frame - Moots RSL 58 cm: 2052 (Frame, headset and crankset)
Headset - Chris King Sotto Voce black
Cranks - Cannondale SI SL Aluminium
BB - SRAM/Truvativ BB30
Forks - THM-Carbones Scapula SP: 268
Stem - Syntace F109 120mm: 122
Handlebar - Ritchey WCS OS: 204
Saddle - Selle Italia SLR TT: 148
Seatpost - Syntace P6 30,9 400mm: 230
Bartape - Fizik Microtex white: 84
Wheelset - Mavic R-Sys SL: 1316
Tires - Schwalbe Ultremo R.1: 366
Tubes - Schwalbe Extra Leicht Nr. 20: 128
QR's - Tune DC14: 32
Cages - King Titanium: 54
Shifters - SRAM Red: 318
Cables - SRAM Red : 142
Frond dr. - SRAM Red: 82
Rear dr. - SRAM Red: 144
Chain - Shimano Dura Ace 7900: 236
Brakes - Ciamillo Zero Gravity: 186
Pedals - Shimano Dura Ace SPD SL: 274
Cassette - Shimano Dura Ace 12-25: 182
Spacers - Tune Carbon: 12
Total weight: 6580

I finished my bike last saturday. I only rode it for about an hour, because I got caught by a rain shower :(

I can't tell much about the fork or the other parts yet. First impressions are good. A big difference with my Canyon alu, which is very basic with Ultegra and heavy wheels. I need to really put the hammer down to test it toroughly. Really looking forward to that.

Before I had a vision of how this bike had to look, It took a long time for me to come up with a build-list. There were a few questions I had to ask myself. I hated the fork which the frame came with, so that had to go. Finally, after searching this forum, I found a very good alternative. The Scapula is a lot lighter as well , so this was a win-win decision.

Brakes are classics, so that didn't take to long to decide.

For the cranks: it's probably "not done" to have a Cannondale crank on a non-cannondale frame, but they look really good, to me at least. I'm really happy how the cranks worked out. The rings are the original cannondale rings that come with the crankset.

Carbon rims .... lightweights are high on my wish-list, but my bank account has to recover first. The mavic's are very good though and they match the frame well. I have read some horror-storys about them, but I have only good things to say about Mavic. Some friends are riding the R-Sys wheels and they are happy with them. Syntace stem and seatpost are nothing flashy, but they are reasonably lightweight and they look good on the frame.

All in all I wanted the bike to be light, but also to be rideable. You won't find any crazy light stuff on it. Is it possible to go lighter? Offcourse it is! But I don't like a lot off the super light parts which you see on this forum, both visually and technically. AX won't touch my bike because of the looks, I also don't like the look of Clavicula's. As for carbon QR's (the new tune), silly cables which cause a lot of problems or silly light wheels, they are too fragile for everyday riding.

Like I already said above, hopefully the weather will be fine soon, so I can ride the hell out of this baby :D
Last edited by Fe on Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fe

by Fe

More pictures!
Attachments
Moots1
Moots1
Moots2
Moots2
Moots3
Moots3

743power
Shop Wrench

by 743power

Killer bike. It's always nice to see a bike so solid at a nice weight like that. A lot of people are anti r-sys, but I know plenty of people who have 10-20k miles on them without any issues.
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

GT56

by GT56

Fe wrote:Hi,

First of all, a build-list:

Frame - Moots RSL 58 cm: 2052 (Frame, headset and crankset)
Headset - Chris King Sotto Voce black
Cranks - Cannondale SI SL Aluminium
BB - SRAM/Truvativ BB30
Forks - THM-Carbones Scapula SP: 268
Stem - Syntace F109 120mm: 122
Handlebar - Ritchey WCS OS: 204
Saddle - Selle Italia SLR TT: 148
Seatpost - Syntace P6 30,9 400mm: 230
Bartape - Fizik Microtex white: 84
Wheelset - Mavic R-Sys SL: 1316
Tires - Schwalbe Ultremo R.1: 366
Tubes - Schwalbe Extra Leicht Nr. 20: 128
QR's - Tune DC14: 32
Cages - King Titanium: 54
Shifters - SRAM Red: 318
Cables - SRAM Red : 142
Frond dr. - SRAM Red: 82
Rear dr. - SRAM Red: 144
Chain - Shimano Dura Ace 7900: 236
Brakes - Ciamillo Zero Gravity: 186
Pedals - Shimano Dura Ace SPD SL: 274
Cassette - Shimano Dura Ace 12-25: 182
Spacers - Tune Carbon: 12
Total weight: 6580

I finished my bike last saturday. I only rode it for about an hour, because I got caught by a rain shower :(

I can't tell much about the fork or the other parts yet. First impressions are good. A big difference with my Canyon alu, which is very basic with Ultegra and heavy wheels. I need to really put the hammer down to test it toroughly. Really looking forward to that.

Before I had a vision of how this bike had to look, It took a long time for me to come up with a build-list. There were a few questions I had to ask myself. I hated the fork which the frame came with, so that had to go. Finally, after searching this forum, I found a very good alternative. The Scapula is a lot lighter as well , so this was a win-win decision.

Brakes are classics, so that didn't take to long to decide.

For the cranks: it's probably "not done" to have a Cannondale crank on a non-cannondale frame, but they look really good, to me at least. I'm really happy how the cranks worked out. The rings are the original cannondale rings that come with the crankset.

Carbon rims .... lightweights are high on my wish-list, but my bank account has to recover first. The mavic's are very good though and they match the frame well. I have read some horror-storys about them, but I have only good things to say about Mavic. Some friends are riding the R-Sys wheels and they are happy with them. Syntace stem and seatpost are nothing flashy, but they are reasonably lightweight and they look good on the frame.

All in all I wanted the bike to be light, but also to be rideable. You won't find any crazy light stuff on it. Is it possible to go lighter? Offcourse it is! But I don't like a lot off the super light parts which you see on this forum, both visually and technically. AX won't touch my bike because of the looks, I also don't like the look of Clavicula's. As for carbon QR's (the new tune), silly cables which cause a lot of problems or silly light wheels, they are too fragile for everyday riding.

Like I already said above, hopefully the weather will be fine soon, so I can ride the hell out of this baby :D

Any other reason than the rather steep price for not choosing the Moots seatpost and stem ?