Hollowgram x Rotor q rings

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Beans

by Beans

Has anyone here used a cannondale hollowgram with rotor q-rings, seem like a winning combo but rotors site says that the rings will only work on the 130 bcd spider. Can anyone shine a light on this?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

santabarbara

by santabarbara

Uhhhh.... the Hollowgrams ARE 130bcd, if you're talking about a standard, non-compact setup.
Aluminum is the new black

KWalker

by KWalker

I'm curious as well since I want to get the 110 BCD Hollowgrams and use the Q-rings on them as well. The spiders seem to be the same design so I don't get why they wouldn't work.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

STARNUT

by STARNUT

110 BCD with rotors.......

Starnut
"Don't pedal harder, pedal faster!"
Q-FACTOR IS A RED HERRING

BB30.COM

xntrickly

by xntrickly

[quote="STARNUT"][img]http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc125/Starnutspics/shop/23784_400976963760_332935883760_5132980_7616553_n1.jpg[/img]

Starnut[/quote]

well my bike looks a lot better with the Stinger 90s...

I use a 52/34 and it works flawlessly thanks to *nut...

Kervin at Qrings is fantastic and has helped a lot so not sure about the site...

cheers.

KWalker

by KWalker

I emailed Rotor and they said they will work just fine. Guess the chart is just old. I should have the combo on my bike by the end of next week.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

KWalker

by KWalker

xntrickly wrote:
STARNUT wrote:Image

Starnut

well my bike looks a lot better with the Stinger 90s...

I use a 52/34 and it works flawlessly thanks to *nut...

No shifting problems with the 52/34? I am going 52/36 and debating on getting a 34 for the hillier/Alp days, or a spare 11-26 since they're about the same price.
Kervin at Qrings is fantastic and has helped a lot so not sure about the site...

cheers.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

KWalker

by KWalker

Does the 52 ring work with the Hollowgram 110BCD cranks? They don't have an OCP3 ring on their site and say that only the 50T will work. Which 52 will I need?
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

xntrickly

by xntrickly

[quote="KWalker"]Does the 52 ring work with the Hollowgram 110BCD cranks? They don't have an OCP3 ring on their site and say that only the 50T will work. Which 52 will I need?[/quote]

the bike pictured is with 52/36 and I have since gone to a 34 to compensate for my bulging beer belly... don't know about OCP etc but *nut got these for me so shoot him a PM...

cheers.

Sibe

by Sibe

Hi,
I just purchased, but have not received a Hollowgram crank. I would like to run compact Q rings as well. Please forgive the ignorance, but aren't the standard Hollowgram inner chain rings threaded? If so, do you run a traditional nut and bolt setup with the Q rings (since the inner won't be threaed? If this is the case, does anyone have a recommendation for a bolt kit.

Thanks for the advice,
Bill

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

STARNUT

by STARNUT

you're correct. The inner C'dale (and Zipp for that matter) rings are threaded and don't require a nut. Thus the No-Nuts name they use. You'll need standard chainring bolts (and nuts) to use q rings. Chainring bolts are chainring bolts. I'm currently using a set from qbp's house brand Problem Solvers because, they were in stock when I had to ship an order from qbp, they're black, they're aluminum, they're cheap, and they work.

go down to your LBS and ask them to order QBP part number CR1400 for the black and I think CR1401 for silver. Should run you $15.00.

Starnut
"Don't pedal harder, pedal faster!"
Q-FACTOR IS A RED HERRING

BB30.COM