Finally done!, Here's the build list

Specialized SL3 size 54
Mavic Ultimates
Tune Skewers
Edge Seatpost
Tune Saddle
PRO stealth EVO handlebar stem
Full Campy SR11
Campy Cables and Housing (anything I can change to? - I am not complaining about the shifting, but wondering if I can improve it - any recommendations?)
LOOK blades
Deda Handlebar tape
Tune Bottle Cages
Cateye Computer

Total weight: 6.32kg (Which I was super surprised considering the chunky monkey handlebar stem combo - I expected a 6.7-6.8kg bike)

Didn't really trick it out too much (had the ZGs and Clavicula Crank arms)...so I was surprised by the weight...

First Impressions, I am unsure if its N.B.S (new bike syndrome) but it rides way better than my Time RXR (SR11 and lightweights)..its definitely a lot of fun to ride while the TIME is sort of a cruiser? This one sort of begs to be pushed faster...

I apologize for the poor photo but will take more pictures when the weather permits...

Hope y'all enjoy it.
Attachments
Sl3.JPG
Last edited by tenax on Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

You stand an excellent chance of keeping the weight down without a crank, chain and cassette! Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Will you build with Red or SR11 or 7900 or Di2? As you know, the grouppo is often the single heaviest "component" on the bike.

If weight is paramount (and it always is here!), my only recommendation is a non-Shimano / SRAM / Campy crank.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tenax

by tenax

I am inching towards SR11, however, I do not know what Cranks I should use as we don't have many options out here, the most exotic thing available is probably the Powerarms SL crankarms...also keen on gravitas or EE brakes which again are next to impossible to find out here....

any other suggestions?

Adding LOOK blades to the build list

tenax

by tenax

Finally done: Please see first post. thanks!

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Lovely bike, but I'm sorry the first thought I had was "you got rid of your RXR??!"

CippoForLife
Shop Owner

by CippoForLife

Just awesome, though the Pro/Campy combo does hurt a bit ;)
How is the new Tune saddle?

tenax

by tenax

The Tune saddle...is SURPRISINGLY really comfortable...to the point that I feel like changing my other saddles now (i use SLRs on all my other bikes, bar my TT bike)

I know..about the PRO and Campy bit...it was a tough one for me..but I just love the look of that Handlbar Stem...and the shifting of campy...I am not a big fan of the Shimano Shifting...(I was always on Shimano till my TIME) - No I didn't get rid of the Time! =)

I am still quite pleasantly surprised by the ride and weight....

BmanX

by BmanX

Very well done. I think the EE brake would be a great addition to the build along with a nice crank set. I bet you could pick up something like some Zipp Vuma's for a good price if you look around. What about some Specialized cranks.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

tenax

by tenax

I have placed an order for the EE brakes, I did have ZGs and a Clavicula set of arms around, but decided to just go with the Full record. Didn't want too light of a bike....although I might throw them on just to see what happens!

KH1

by KH1

Can you take that soft filter off the camera? :lol: It's a beautiful bike without the need for special(ized) effects :wink:
Don't let the truth get in the way of good story...
2023 Propel Advanced SL (Growing in the Petrie dish)
2022 Trance Advanced Pro 1
2021 Revolt Advanced 1
2020 TCR Advanced SL 0 (Dead)
2019 Fathom 1 29er
2017 TCR Advanced Pro 0

tenax

by tenax

Sorry about that...that picture was taken with my phone camera, will update it with better shots when the weather permits!

Any recommendations for cables and cable housing? - this is one area which i never actually ventured into

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

tenax wrote:Didn't want too light of a bike....

:shock:

You sure you're in the right place? :lol:

BmanX

by BmanX

I think for cable housings it is either Nokon's or Aligator I-Links.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

tenax

by tenax

how about GORE?

KWalker

by KWalker

For weight, I-Links. Otherwise I'd use Jagwire again in a heartbeat or Yokozunas with I-link brake housing. The I-Links shift well, but I prefer non-linered systems for shifting.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com