Argon18 E114 (new pic p.2)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

$mokeyJoe

by $mokeyJoe

Ok, now i'm proud of showing my newest speed machine: the new Argon18 E114.

I'll use this bike just for tt's as i'm not a tri-guy. I was asking myself a long time how such a bike would ride, so i bought myself this one for not having to ask myself any longer how such a bike does ride!

Here's my basis which will be updated in the next future. All i had to do is buy the frame and all other parts i had them laying around here.

So this is the spec list for the moment:

Frame: Argon18 E114
Fork: Argon18 ONEness system
Headset: FSA
Stem: Integrated
Handlebar: Argon18 AHB5000
Crank Arms: Shimano Ultegra SL
Chain Rings: Shimano Ultegra SL
Pedals: Shimano Ultegra SL
Saddle: Fizik Aksium
Seat Post Clamp: Integrated
Seatpost: Argon18 ASP5000
Brake Levers: Tektro RX 5.0
Brakes: Tektro R725
Shift/Brake Cables: BBB white
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra SL
Chain: Shimano DA
Front Derailleur: Simano DA 7800
Front Wheel: Shimano DA
Rear Wheel: Shimano DA
Cassette: Shimano Ultegra
Skewers: Tune AC14
Tires: Schwalbe Ultremo R.1
Rim strips: Shimano
Handlebar Tape: Syntace cork White
Bottle Cage: AX-Lightness

Next thing that i'll change are the wheels. I've narrowed my choice to the Xentis Mark1 TT. But i'll have to wait for some more cash :oops:
Once the wheels are changed then the rest will follow. If you see my other bikes you'll know what direction i'm going to follow.
As for now i'm playing with bike position on this one, so that will be my most time consuming on this bike.

I'll keep you informed.

Best regards,
$mokeyjoe
Last edited by $mokeyJoe on Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
*Light is beautiful*
BMC SLC01 5900g ... Litespeed Vortex 6300g ... Merida Carbon Lite 7000g ... Velocite Selene 8000g ... Argon18 E114 +/-8500g ... Trek 1500 9500g

a.davis12

by a.davis12

nice! i'm a fan of the 14.

why do you have the seat in the 78 degree position if the bike is fro tt? go slack and hurt yourself more:p

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ladeira

by Ladeira

Nice one $mokey....

You will not regret your buy...

The new fork, new cabble guides undernith, and the new stem make it a little lighter than my model 08. I got myslef the new stem but the improvement was made in the fork...

The bike rider awesome... Just get some depper wheels and you are set!

Congrats

Tillquist

by Tillquist

It is a really nice E114 you have built up.
See all my bike h e r e

Dougan

by Dougan

Great looking bike :thumbup:
I'm just getting into TT's and have my eye on one of these for next year, the only thing I'm not keen on is the routing for the front brake, do you think it would be possible to modify it to bring it closer to the frame, maybe using nokons?

Ladeira

by Ladeira

Dougan wrote:Great looking bike :thumbup:
I'm just getting into TT's and have my eye on one of these for next year, the only thing I'm not keen on is the routing for the front brake, do you think it would be possible to modify it to bring it closer to the frame, maybe using nokons?

I think you could bring it a little closer tho the frame modifying that "L" looking piece that makes the turn for the cabble...

But i think if you bring it closer it will touch and damage the frame. Its touches a bit the frame as it is..

$mokeyJoe

by $mokeyJoe

Well, thanks for the comments.

a.davis12 wrote:why do you have the seat in the 78 degree position if the bike is fro tt? go slack and hurt yourself more:p

As i'm pretty new into the TT, isn't the 78° the TT position and 76° tri position? I'm asking this because i thought that i've read somewhere the more in front the better. But...i wan't to stay within the UCI rules. But then i'll need to shorten the extensions another 2cm's. But i'm just beeing carefull to not cut too much in the beginning. I'm just searching for the best position.

Ladeira wrote:The new fork, new cabble guides undernith, and the new stem make it a little lighter than my model 08. I got myslef the new stem but the improvement was made in the fork...
... Just get some depper wheels and you are set!

I know that the previous model was like 300g heavier than this one, but if i would go for a superlight i would have chosen the E112 model. It's just that this front does attract me a lot and i'm sure that it'll fit me. If not i wouldn't have bought this model. And hell yes, wheels are definitively the next upgrade! I'll begin with the Xentis Mark1 TT and maybe in the future a disc in the rear. We'll see.

Tillquist wrote:It is a really nice E114 you have built up.

I kinda dislike it at the moment, and i mean with components, but let's focus primarly on fit and then i'll change components later. I still have another cranks and brakes and and and...but like now i think with the whole Ultegra SL group it looks best.

Dougan wrote:I'm just getting into TT's and have my eye on one of these for next year, the only thing I'm not keen on is the routing for the front brake, do you think it would be possible to modify it to bring it closer to the frame, maybe using nokons?

I think it would be a possibility but i'm not keen using Nokons on the whole cabling as the cables run all the way through the frame. So i don't want to think about when i've to change the cordz or outers that some segments would get stuck in the frame. Also it would gain a lot of weight. Maybe the white Shimano Yumeya is the best option here. And brakes will be changed in the future, just for losening some weight as they're not really light. And because i don't like the look of that brake guide either. When you look at the bike from front or rear, those guides are really ugly and not aero at all.

About a ride report all i can say is that this is a speed machine compared to my other bikes. It also feels very very stiff. But after that i can't say much as i've only done a 2h ride last week. I still have to change a little bit on fit because i had some minor feelings in the neck and (low-)back. Maybe i'll need to get used a bit. But i'll keep it tweaking till i'm happy.
*Light is beautiful*
BMC SLC01 5900g ... Litespeed Vortex 6300g ... Merida Carbon Lite 7000g ... Velocite Selene 8000g ... Argon18 E114 +/-8500g ... Trek 1500 9500g

$mokeyJoe

by $mokeyJoe

Ok.

We had some new cash to play so i've bought some Xentis Mark1 TT for this toy. I expect them to arrive one of these days so i'll stay in touch these days. I'm also going to change the cranks and rear der. for a DA setup as i've them laying down in the garage doing nothing.

I've done some tweaks for a better fit. I've tilted the bar one step for a better grip. My wrists did quite a lot of pain after 2h riding. Much better now. I also tilted the saddlepost about 4mm and put the saddle parallel to the ground, so my b*lls are very happy now! I still need some little tweakings but we're getting closer to a best aero/comfort ratio. Maybe i only should go for the best aero position but as i'm doing 2-3h training on it i can't just get along with aero position. I need some level of comfort. Just a little bit. :oops:
*Light is beautiful*

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

nice but you need a disk wheel to look more TT bike
πατα τραβα ρε

$mokeyJoe

by $mokeyJoe

I know i'll need a disc for the total TT look...but 1st i'll wait for this Mark1 TT and maybe then i'll get a only disc for rear. Don't want to just buy a single front wheel and a disc . Winter is comming and i hope to stay in all winter long. That means a lot of wind and rain here. So the disc will be more for next summer.

Someone tips for brakes? I'm not that into in aero brakes but i think i don't have big choice n front brake as it sits behind the steerer. A Simkins brake at rear could be ok but in front?
*Light is beautiful*

Lievro

by Lievro

:thumbup: Nice

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

$mokeyJoe wrote:I know i'll need a disc for the total TT look...but 1st i'll wait for this Mark1 TT and maybe then i'll get a only disc for rear. Don't want to just buy a single front wheel and a disc . Winter is comming and i hope to stay in all winter long. That means a lot of wind and rain here. So the disc will be more for next summer.

Someone tips for brakes? I'm not that into in aero brakes but i think i don't have big choice n front brake as it sits behind the steerer. A Simkins brake at rear could be ok but in front?

Try one of those horizontal-pull brakes on the front... they'll fit pretty snug and there'll be less friction in the cables, especially if you have the handlebars low.

$mokeyJoe

by $mokeyJoe

CarpetFibre wrote:Try one of those horizontal-pull brakes on the front... they'll fit pretty snug and there'll be less friction in the cables, especially if you have the handlebars low.

I agree with you CarpetFibre...but only if i wouldn't have mounted these yet...
*Light is beautiful*

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

My bad! Sorry. You don't get on with them? :\

$mokeyJoe

by $mokeyJoe

It's just the weight! lol

Actually, the front brake works better than the rear. So i'm searching for alternatives.
*Light is beautiful*

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com