lightweights warranty now with picture

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

lite pete

by lite pete

how long are lightweight wheels warranted for against manufacturing defects ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Steve_W

by Steve_W

This problem is identical to mine......its now at carbonsport being repaired, mine are out of warranty, costing 150.00 GBP for the work required. I know it doesn't answer your question, however if your warranty is out of date it can be repaired....at a cost. :roll:

lite pete

by lite pete

its not good really, ive already had a pair repaired once ive got two sets and i think its time to look at selling them. :-( . I was hoping for a free repair as its a manufacturing fault really, they shouldnt just be de laminating like this surely.

gilesharrison

by gilesharrison

Warranty against manufacturing defects is 2 years. That doesn't cover other damage though. I've paid to have stuff repaired before.

Incidently, I've got some old Gen IIs which delaminated like this, although the delamination started where there had been an impact.

lite pete

by lite pete

the wheels haven't taken a impact I'm sure nothing more then general rough roads anyway I've emailed carbonsports and will have to wait and see what they say

CarbonSportsGmbH
in the industry

by CarbonSportsGmbH

lite pete wrote:how long are lightweight wheels warranted for against manufacturing defects ?

Hello lite pete,

I wonder a little bit why you do a posting here and at the same time - on Saturday - write an email to our office with the almost same question. This looks little bit like campaigning against us...
You wrote your email on Saturday, 6pm. On Monday I answered it (11am, repair department cc) and they immediately contacted you (to send in the wheel for survey and repair)...without any response from your side up to now.

We always try to get our customers satisfied, and I think we are known to be quite fair if it comes to the point if something is a customers fault or ours. If you send us the wheel we will have a look on it and then we will decide where the damage comes from. And if it is our fault or if this is not clear, the we will repair without costs for you.
Only if the damage is clearly caused by you ( impact or something similar) you will have to pay for repair.

Of cause we have to draw a line how long we do such free repairs. I think everybody will understand that you can't come along with a wheel that is some years and thousands of km old and complain about bad quality. But even in such cases we normally try to find a solution everybody can live with...

So please answer the mail from our repair department.
Andreas Schiwy, CarbonSports GmbH
http://www.lightweight.info
support[at]lightweight.info

Steve_W

by Steve_W

My wheel has arrived back from Carbonsport.....and have to say the repair is excellent, the turnaround time of 3 weeks i feel is also excellent, E-mail response was also good.
So for me, although a damaged wheel is nightmare, Carbonsports after sales is IMO top notch.

lone wheeler

by lone wheeler

Are these the same pair for sale on the 'for sale' forum?

lite pete

by lite pete

nope ive got two sets :-0

lite pete

by lite pete

CarbonSportsGmbH wrote:
lite pete wrote:how long are lightweight wheels warranted for against manufacturing defects ?

Hello lite pete,

I wonder a little bit why you do a posting here and at the same time - on Saturday - write an email to our office with the almost same question. This looks little bit like campaigning against us...
You wrote your email on Saturday, 6pm. On Monday I answered it (11am, repair department cc) and they immediately contacted you (to send in the wheel for survey and repair)...without any response from your side up to now.

We always try to get our customers satisfied, and I think we are known to be quite fair if it comes to the point if something is a customers fault or ours. If you send us the wheel we will have a look on it and then we will decide where the damage comes from. And if it is our fault or if this is not clear, the we will repair without costs for you.
Only if the damage is clearly caused by you ( impact or something similar) you will have to pay for repair.

Of cause we have to draw a line how long we do such free repairs. I think everybody will understand that you can't come along with a wheel that is some years and thousands of km old and complain about bad quality. But even in such cases we normally try to find a solution everybody can live with...

So please answer the mail from our repair department.

firstly let me start by saying this is by know means a campaign against carbonsports, i simply put up the posting and picture up to find out the warranty situation and to show what what the issue with the wheel was , i then emailed yourself. I am pleased with your service in response to my email, i have sent the wheel back to yourselves with a covering letter and a copy of you reply to my original email.

having read my second posting it could be miss understood but i was a little Pissed off at the time and maybe could have been worded a little better

lite pete

by lite pete

:shock: :shock: thank you carbonsports, a brand new set of Gen III wheels how could i ever doubt you. now that is first rate service :up:

maverick_1

by maverick_1

hope all is well with you, lite pete.

i've personally experienced Carbonsports' first rate customer service myself.
hats off to Carbonsports :beerchug:

Roobay

by Roobay

wow thats amazing service...
well done carbon sports :up:
jr
i like people... i just can't stand assholes

majklnajt

by majklnajt

New set???!!!!!?????????????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

A double :thumbup: :thumbup: to Carbonsports for that kind of service. Bravi!
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com