epx carbon help

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

yobH

by yobH

does anyone know anything about the EPX carbon 303 sl frames? Are they junk? I had read that they are made by the same folks that make the Kestrel road bikes? There mountain bikes look kind of rough, but there road frames look not too bad? Genesis Scuba rides them, but that may mean nothing as to any team free bikes are free bikes. anyway, if anyone knows let me knowl!
BH

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tim the Pineapple

by Tim the Pineapple

yobH wrote:does anyone know anything about the EPX carbon 303 sl frames? Are they junk? I had read that they are made by the same folks that make the Kestrel road bikes? There mountain bikes look kind of rough, but there road frames look not too bad? Genesis Scuba rides them, but that may mean nothing as to any team free bikes are free bikes. anyway, if anyone knows let me knowl!

They are junk i think.

A guy i know in geogia (where there located) say they have pretty shaky operation .

And last year at tour of langwaki (sp?), team malyasia telekom were on those unfortunetly they had big crash and the bike broke in to bits (it was ugly).

JTC

by JTC

The distributor was here in Georgia. They have since closed. That is why you can find them so cheap (although they weren't really expensive before). I have known a lot of people who have had them. They have been quite popular around Ga for obvious reasons, but two people I ride with regularly have found cracks in their frames. People have said the ride was ok, but I don't think I would recommend them. If you do get one and have problems your screwed, b/c I don't think there is an kind of warranty. I have found quite a number of rebranded frames that look like the EPX on ebay (all probably made in the same factory). Check them out:
http://www.bikeparts.net/catalog/bp-4_c ... 464950.htm
http://www.pedalforce.com/

yobH

by yobH

thanks guys. yeah, that is what I thought. I did check out a few of those links and it looks like the frames are just coming from tiawan and being branded under other names. Seems like all the carbon is coming from that region of the world, but I would rather stay with someone who will give me a warranty......trek, giant, etc etc.
BH

gentri

by gentri

If your looking for a carbon frame that has a very good lifetime warranty and is made in the US, try AEGIS.