Dogma FP complete!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Erez_Pinarello

by Erez_Pinarello

I have a great passion too for Pinarello

I owned and raced on Prince LS upgraded the fork to Onde when they came out

I dont think I'll ever sell the bike
I train on a very old Pinarello Sestriere - almost 200,000 km on it - not much left from the original groupo

for racing I take a carbon frame for every season

for national championships - and other important races - I take My Pinarello to see some Tarmach :-)

I think that the Prince LS is on Of the best bikes out there!
Only topped by the Dogma FP - due to the dogma being more comfortable on long 160 + km rides especialy when putting on the frame stiff wheel with 200 psi tobular tires :)

I dont own a dogma yet since I do not think I deserve one! Not yet - maybe later when I need some spoiling :)
Attachments
PRINCE LS.jpg

LJ
WWotY 2006 / Smart convert

by LJ

Erez_Pinarello wrote:
I dont own a dogma yet since I do not think I deserve one! Not yet - maybe later when I need some spoiling :-)

Of course you deserve one! It might be best to wait a while, as Dan said in his Fondo post there will be some interesting colour schemes coming out soon and the silver stickers will be bannished forever!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ripley451

by Ripley451

LJ wrote:Yep! We don't call it rip off Britain for nothing! LBS not too bad as I got my Dogma's for £2,300, but buying stuff from Poshbikes is a different story!

Tell me about it. I'll be ordering more stuff from our webhosts for my next build.
Vorsprung Durch Tortë http://www.costablancacycling.com/

LJ

by LJ

I know they are only bottle cages, but its real satisfying to receive these having hunted high and low for them! Brent from Rullo bike even threw in two original Fassa bottles to match in with my bike. Great service!
Attachments
Dogma Fassa 012.jpg

michael

by michael

GREAT bike LJ! :shock: :D

You mounted a Clavicula crank. Why didn't you choose the Clavicula bottom bracket system? It doesn't fit MOST but Pinarello has an adapter for MOST if I'm correct?

(or am I not correct :wink: )

996vtwin

by 996vtwin

Wow beautiful bike. I recently sold my black and white Dogma FP because I want to replace it for a custom geometry one. My LBS told me I have to wait 6 months for it which is a real doozy. How long did you wait for you custom unit and what is the c-t seat tube and top tube length if ya dont mind?

LJ

by LJ

michael wrote:GREAT bike LJ! :shock: :D

You mounted a Clavicula crank. Why didn't you choose the Clavicula bottom bracket system? It doesn't fit MOST but Pinarello has an adapter for MOST if I'm correct?

(or am I not correct :wink: )

Thanks michael,

The integrated Clavicula wouldnt fit I'm afraid. The adapters are for the campag and shimano systems and when I bought the Clavicula they were only making for BSA standard. I think THM are now producing different versions but dont really know if they will fit - anybody got any ideas?

Anyway the ISIS version suits my needs and Jorg seemed to like the bike in Germany this weekend :lol:

996vtwin wrote:Wow beautiful bike. I recently sold my black and white Dogma FP because I want to replace it for a custom geometry one. My LBS told me I have to wait 6 months for it which is a real doozy. How long did you wait for you custom unit and what is the c-t seat tube and top tube length if ya dont mind?

I waited six months for mine I'm afraid and the frame is a standard 52 size!! I wanted the custom Fassa colour which obviously confused Fausto :lol:
Attachments
CarbonSports event Jorg.jpg

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

LJ wrote:Anyway the ISIS version suits my needs and Jorg seemed to like the bike in Germany this weekend :lol:

He was not the only one, Lee! :wink: :lol:
Attachments
me with LJ's Dogma
me with LJ's Dogma

LJ

by LJ

C a s r a n wrote:
LJ wrote:Anyway the ISIS version suits my needs and Jorg seemed to like the bike in Germany this weekend :lol:

He was not the only one, Lee! :wink: :lol:

Hey Casran, you look really good with the Dogma :wink:

Trust you had a good trip home. Really enjoyed chatting with you and TS-Biker. Good luck with your new year BTW!

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

LJ wrote:1. Hey Casran, you look really good with the Dogma :wink:

2. Trust you had a good trip home. Really enjoyed chatting with you and TS-Biker. Good luck with your new year BTW!

1. Thx. Riding it is even better I suppose! :wink:

2. Yes thx, we had a good trip home. A pity you couldn't come for a drink with togheter with TS-Biker in the evening, but sure we make that good another time: remember you have a drink waiting here in Belgium! :)
Thanks for your wishes... yes, university restarted for us today, as well as training. 8) (ps: I have some nice pictures, a good zoomed picture of you and your wife; I'll mail them soon) :D

SF/MT.GOAT

by SF/MT.GOAT

996vtwin wrote:Wow beautiful bike. I recently sold my black and white Dogma FP because I want to replace it for a custom geometry one. My LBS told me I have to wait 6 months for it which is a real doozy. How long did you wait for you custom unit and what is the c-t seat tube and top tube length if ya dont mind?

there is a custom dogma available? Can that be? :o

Sybarite

by Sybarite

[quote="LJ"]
The integrated Clavicula wouldnt fit I'm afraid. The adapters are for the campag and shimano systems and when I bought the Clavicula they were only making for BSA standard. I think THM are now producing different versions but dont really know if they will fit - anybody got any ideas?
[quote]

Integrated Claviculas will need machining on the MOST cups to fit. Both boring the diameter as well as taking off the thickness - AND getting another set of bearings with the matching ID.......a little troublesome.

THM now make an Italian BB version. There are MOST adaptors for conventional BBs that will fit an Italian or BSA thread as well.

LJ

by LJ

Finally, a chance to post both dogs side by side. A front wheel problem has meant the black dogma has been out of action.

I know which is my favourite but do you have one? :wink: Maybe you hate them both :lol:
Attachments
Dogmas 004.jpg
Dogmas 001.jpg

LJ

by LJ

C a s r a n wrote:remember you have a drink waiting here in Belgium! :)
Thanks for your wishes... yes, university restarted for us today, as well as training. 8) (ps: I have some nice pictures, a good zoomed picture of you and your wife; I'll mail them soon) :D

You always have a drink here in the UK as well my friend. The pictures would be nice. You are a true gentleman.

TS-Biker

by TS-Biker

LJ wrote:Finally, a chance to post both dogs side by side. A front wheel problem has meant the black dogma has been out of action.

I know which is my favourite but do you have one? :wink: Maybe you hate them both :lol:

the black one, the black one, ... :P

:wink:
TS
It's not what you ride, it's how you ride it !

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com