2011 Cannondale

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Junior Varsity
in the industry

by Junior Varsity

Yell loud enough to your cpuntry's distributor or Cannondale Europe and you never know.
Doing bike things.

tuaris

by tuaris

Does someone know why are there two different front derailleur systems ("clamp" for the 105 & "braze-on" for the ultegra") ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dmotoguy

by dmotoguy

tuaris wrote:Does someone know why are there two different front derailleur systems ("clamp" for the 105 & "braze-on" for the ultegra") ?

one is clamp on:

the other is braze-on:

you can get the clamp on, or get a braze on + one of the aftermarket clamps (unless your frame actually uses a braze on)

Junior Varsity
in the industry

by Junior Varsity

All CAAD 10s are braze on. It's a typo. The sales sheets that se people posted were not finalized. Therefore there might be some typos.
Doing bike things.

PalleRaa

by PalleRaa

Any idea when you can expect delivery in Europe of the new CAAD10 bikes?
Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two.
_.-*'´`'*-.__.-*'´`'*-.__.-*'´`'*-.__.-*'´`'*-.__.-*'´`'*-.__.-*'´`'*-.__.-*'´`'*-._
In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.

tuaris

by tuaris

OK, that's what I thought. "Clamp-On system" isn't possible on the new Caad10.
Thanks for these informations.

Stats

by Stats

Doh... i cant believe i missed out on the CAAD 10 being released for so many months until now! This kind of thing used to be in the road forum, not cycle chat... all the interesting topics appear to be in here now!

I still cant believe i just read through 10 pages of a topic to find out that basically Cannondale have released a new aluminium frame model to their entire road line up... Expect great things from Peter Denk they said... he's the magician behind the carbon Scott road bikes they said... and we get a new alloy bike?

In terms of ideas, I think he's drier than a Nun in Central Australia.

Junior Varsity
in the industry

by Junior Varsity

Dry for ideas? In the past year and a half he has worked for Cannondale and the following carbon frames have made it to production:

Super Scalpel
SuperX
jeykell
claymore
flash 26
flash 29

there are also other products in the works... I think that's pretty busy.
Doing bike things.

tranzformer

by tranzformer

Only question that I look forward to hearing the answer to is whether the 2011 CAAD10 is better than the 2010 CAAD9. Might make a big difference as to what bike I will be riding in the future. :)

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

"all-new CAAD10 platform that sheds 200g from the CAAD9 version for an impressive estimated bare frame weight of around 1,050g (2.31lb)."

Hows that impressive when for example an all aluminum 2004 Fondriest was/is 1050gr. and there are others that are lighter. :noidea:

Here is the write up

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/fir ... and-superx
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

devinci

by devinci

very nice

ahumblecycler

by ahumblecycler

I want to see one in person as well as read a WW's review before I pass judgment.

@stella-azzurra

I am going to give C-dale a little grain of salt, and proclaim the weight loss as impressive against the previous CAAD 9 and not against other bikes. Honestly, the CAAD series has been impressive on its own, and I am willing to give them this bit of salt. Having said that, I am still anxious to read reviews from WWs.

Stats

by Stats

Junior Varsity wrote:Dry for ideas? In the past year and a half he has worked for Cannondale and the following carbon frames have made it to production:

Super Scalpel
SuperX
jeykell
claymore
flash 26
flash 29

there are also other products in the works... I think that's pretty busy.

Fair enough... but I only ride road, which is why i said "road line up"...

CharlesM

by CharlesM

stella-azzurra wrote:"all-new CAAD10 platform that sheds 200g from the CAAD9 version for an impressive estimated bare frame weight of around 1,050g (2.31lb)."

Hows that impressive when for example an all aluminum 2004 Fondriest was/is 1050gr. and there are others that are lighter. :noidea:

If we only rode a scale, that would be a point taken... But a few of the old starship frames and others were noodles and had absolute dogsh!t longevity...

I would have chosen the CAAD 9 ahead of virtually all older Alu. If the 10 has the character, the weight's an impressive number.

birdyman

by birdyman

Hello all,

I spoke to the UK Cannondale importer today, who seemed a bit tetchy about the fact that I had seen a 2011 catalogue already (admittedly without pricing), and told me that the CAAD 10 would not be released into the wild in the UK until after the EuroBike show (1-4 Sept in Germany), and that realistically it will be late October before we actually can get them.

But he basically agreed with the specs that we have seen in the catalogue that was posted earlier in this thread.

I have been trying to get a CAAD9 for a few months now, and there aren't any. Anywhere. So waiting 'til Oct is a blow, as the season will be rather over.

:roll:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com