New Formigli.... pics up!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

dustbin

by dustbin

So, I just couldn't wait to post this up! I just ordered a Formigli Genesi in green last week... it should be here in 30-35 days. So far, working with the folks there, I couldn't be happier! The service so far is just awesome. I've seen two in person and they are just gorgeous bikes!!

The build will be something like the following:

Campy 10 spd
Newton Shallows
Team SLR or Flite
Titanium Keywin pedals
...not sure on wheels

Here's some info on the bike, and hopefully I'll have mine soon to show off!
http://formigliusa.com/cm/Custom_Road_B ... enesi.html
Last edited by dustbin on Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Roobay

by Roobay

Neverheard of this brand although it looks interesting, but surely at that price a Colnago would have been a better buy?
good luck with the build
jr
i like people... i just can't stand assholes

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

The scheme's on them look unreal!

Pity those green Bora's aren't still kicking around.

Looking forward to seeing it and some ride reports. Came across this brand last year, but just a little too expensive for me.

tarz

by tarz

Looks like its going to be a very nice build, and quite rare to boot.

Can't wait to see the finished build and a ride report.

Kinda reminds me a little of the Time RXR with that down tube and seat tube cut out, and a bit like a Pinarello wavy back end.

Still a beautiful frame thought!
:thumbup:

dustbin

by dustbin

@ roobay: From what I've seen, and what little I've heard, they are some pretty sweet bikes. I like the fact that I can get custom geometry, it is hand-made by the guy that started the company, their carbon is made for them in Italy, etc. Also, that price includes taxes and shipping. That, to me, is a great price for a nice, custom carbon frame. I also like supporting lesser-known companies... who tend to care a lot about their customers and offer excellent customer service!

I am pretty excited about this... I would be even more so if I had green Boras :mrgreen: I may hold off 'til around x-mas or the new year to pick up another wheelset, especially since I'll mainly be using the beaters until then. Either way it's gonna be a sweet bike, I'm sure of it!

@Tarz: Considering the RXR and Pinas are two of my favorite frames, aesthetically, it's one reason I like this frame so much!

Thanks everyone! :beerchug:

dblenn

by dblenn

Please post pics after building......

dustbin

by dustbin

Oh, I will be sure to put up lots of photos of the frame (built and unbuilt) and will do my best to get down to the shop for a weight on it when it arrives! :thumbup:

dustbin

by dustbin

Thought I'd tease a little......

I just got it today and good lord is it gorgeous!! Taking pics, going to crit practice and then will post when I get back! 8)

dustbin

by dustbin

So here's some quick pics!! My camera isn't very good... it really doesn't do the color of the green on this frame at all. It's SO nice looking... I thought it looked great on the website, but when my girlfriend and I saw the green, we were just awe struck at how nice its color is.

I have been talking with the folks over there for a while and getting to know the owner of Formigli USA. They are super great, very nice folks! I got this frame sponsored to me and have become a representative of Formigli USA. I've seen quite a few of these frames in person, decided I wanted one... I couldn't be happier with my situation! Sadly, I will likely have to wait until the end of the season to build it up and ride it :cry:

I'll post up as the build progresses, I get weights on the fork, frame, etc., and whatever else! :D

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Wow dustbin, even with those pic's the finish on it looks damn impressive!

What about the workmanship on areas like head tube, drop outs, bb shell, etc?

And assuming the wait is until your present team deal runs out?

dustbin

by dustbin

The only thing that I notice isn't anything to do with BB, headtube, etc... there's just a couple of "asymmetries" in the paint. On the underside of the downtube the tip of the green paint isn't centered on the downtube with the black accents. I also noticed something similar on the backside of the seat tube. This is mostly with the black accents. Other than that I can't find anything at all that is below flawless! I can't stop looking at it!!

Actually, the reason I am having to wait until the end of the season is with fit issues. I've had a few issues with my knee this season and don't want to swap to a different bike in the middle of racing... especially when my knee has cleared up!! I don't want to chance messing something up and racing on it. It'll be another season or two before I have any team deals of that nature (hopefully) :beerchug:

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Nice lookin' frame. Looking forward to seeing the pics of the build.

Formigli are not that common here, but you do see them on the road every so often. Always heard positive things about them.
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

Roobay

by Roobay

looking good dustbin :wink:
impressed by the paint finish
cant wait to see it built up
jr
i like people... i just can't stand assholes

marcusp

by marcusp

I've never heard of them either but it's a nice bit of kit for sure.
Good luck with it.
"When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."
Josh Billings

kavitator

by kavitator

Beauty! :shock: :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com