Weenie race results

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

djconnel

by djconnel

Fantastic results by some WW regulars!

Nico Toutenhoof finished 10th in the Iron Horse Classic in Colorado, just a few seconds ahead of 11th. I posted this thread in chat (although it probably belonged here instead). There's no weight limit in this race (as with most races in the US), so Nico got to exploit every missing gram on his 10 lb bike, assuming he used it in its fully weenie glory.

Meanwhile, Ryan Sherlock finished an amazing 17th in the FBD insurance Ras in Ireland:
CyclingNews results
I'm pretty sure he was the top amateur in this professional race. Ryan is an accomplished mountain biker and also a top competitor for the national hillclimb championship, and has also participated in my annual hillclimb series in California, so it's fantastic seeing him do so well in such a high-level race.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Awesome! :beerchug:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

chase196126

by chase196126

Gotta give a big ups to my friend and training partner Burke Swindlehurst for winning the Iron Horse classic :beerchug:

He was riding a Delta 7 frame, Edge wheels and other bits, and 7900. A pretty nice setup!

ryan_sherlock

by ryan_sherlock

djconnel wrote:Meanwhile, Ryan Sherlock finished an amazing 17th in the FBD insurance Ras in Ireland:
CyclingNews results
I'm pretty sure he was the top amateur in this professional race. Ryan is an accomplished mountain biker and also a top competitor for the national hillclimb championship, and has also participated in my annual hillclimb series in California, so it's fantastic seeing him do so well in such a high-level race.

Haha, you noticed :)

Yeah - I was first amateur and second Irish Person (behind another former mountain biker Pro riding for the AnPost team).

I was in a crash on the 5th day and smashed by beautiful Lightweight Wheels - front and rear - it was the 5th time I was on them. Fortunately, I have their ServiceUp plan so all should be okay. Went down at about 50kmph after some riders ahead crossed wheels - 3 broken collerbones and one other hospitalization in that crash. Chased for a long time (on a spare ill fitting bike) and then punctured - chased some more and got on for the final climb. Speeds were nuts with most days being 47kmph+ for the first 2 to 3 hours.

Other interesting bits - to stay with the front group on day 7 over the Shay Elliot climb (8.2%, rough small road) took 440W average with 570W for the first minute. (8:36 to cover the climb). I'm 73.5kg or so.

I put up daily video blogs (and a power/hr/elevation profile) for each stage on my blog: www.ryansherlock.com

@dan I should be back in California in October/November for some training again - hopefully I'll take the LWs and have a proper go at Old La Honda.