Locked thread frenzy

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
czvekslak

by czvekslak

What is up with all the locked threads and the moderators constant policing. Heave you guys heard of freedom of speach, voicing opinions. This group is turning into a police state.

If we want to talk more Landis and doping let us. If you are not interested, don't follow the posts.

Lets see how ling this one lasts before it gets shut down.

gumgardner

by gumgardner

BORING...Lock it! BTW how is Landis light bike related?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

devinci

by devinci

how is training light bike related?

Murphs

by Murphs

Is this fact or just chat?

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

gumgardner wrote:BORING...Lock it! BTW how is Landis light bike related?

Hence the advent of sub-forums.

How many of us on here are solely obsessed with light bike parts, to the exclusion of any other aspect of cycling?

Very few would be my guess.

devinci

by devinci

agreed with above

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Perhaps if you guys realized that Frankie is actually part of the Armstrong doping cover up the thread locking might make sense. Yep, Armstrong got to Frankie. Apparently he has some photos of Frankie riding a hybrid with flip flops and jean shorts.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

rustychain

by rustychain

This forum was set up for Starbike. I assume the did it to facilitate sales of the lightwieght bike parts they sell. I don't agree with every thing the moderators do but I'm thankful they try to make it an interesting and focused forum. IMO they should have locked what I feel was a totaly pointless thread after the first page. They allowed everyone plenty of time to give their opinions a chance to be heard. I doubt if any of it helped the sponcer sell even one bike. I also feel the highly paid moderators :unbelievable: should be given some slack. Even when I don't agree with them :beerchug:
WW Velocipedist Gargantuan

worstshotever

by worstshotever

I had no problem with the lockage of that particular thread. (I also will add, however, that I thought the debate was remarkably civil given the topic.) As to invoking freedom of speech, that concept applies to government-sponsored or stifling of speech; a private forum such as this is by its nature subject to controls, and rightfully so. Further, given how well the moderators cull out the japanese tennis shoe spam and other annoying interlopers, I cut them some slack.

J-Nice

by J-Nice

This is not a freedom of speech issue.

The mod who locked the Landis doping thread said he felt everyone had their say, so maybe he felt enough was enough.

I for one feel this issue is important, but locking it isn't a big deal because until there is any new information there really isn't anything to add.

The only thing that would constitute new information is if another ex-Postal rider corroborate what Landis said about organized doping on the team.

Anything else is like watching a hamster run on the wheel, the same tired arguments going 'round and 'round and 'round.
Check out the latest controversies in sport-

http://berzin.blogspot.com/

mvogt46

by mvogt46

czvekslak wrote:If you are not interested, don't follow the posts

If your not happy with the way this forum is being managed, don't follow the forum. ie, you are more than welcome to leave WW and follow some 'other' highly inferior forums where they talk about all sorts of crap, with none of it actually being factual

NS

by NS

Come off it some of the threads recently on here are appalling, we have had 2 which bottle cage threads in a month and someone asking if he should buy 2 pairs of trade team shorts or 3 per jersey?

Are these for real, I'd rather read spam threads on where to buy my prescription meds

so IMO frankie start kicking some ass and delete a few more of the threads of crap that are getting started :thumbup:

In fact I'm going to make use of the report this thread facility a bit more often

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

czvekslak wrote:What is up with all the locked threads and the moderators constant policing. Heave you guys heard of freedom of speach, voicing opinions. This group is turning into a police state.

If we want to talk more Landis and doping let us. If you are not interested, don't follow the posts.

Lets see how ling this one lasts before it gets shut down.

Hi,

In a respond to your concerns:
  • What is up with all the locked threads and the moderators constant policing.
    You tell me, I don't see that many locked threads these days. A lot get moved, but that has more to do with them not being ww related.
  • Heave you guys heard of freedom of speach, voicing opinions. This group is turning into a police state.
    Of course we have heard of it and a lot of people are allowed to voice their opinions, be it on light weight issues. Please do not mistake this forum for a public forum as it is privately owned.
  • If we want to talk more Landis and doping let us.
    The chat forum only had a few extra rules on top of the standard forum rules. you can find them here the last sentence states: "we don't really need threads about doping." With that I think that we have tolerated the landis discussion long enough. And, like I said, everybody has voiced his opinions. After that the discussion only goes spiralling down.
  • If you are not interested, don't follow the posts.
    How can we moderate if we skip posts because we have no interest in them? We need to know what is going on in order to do our jobs, right?

I hope these answers make your day a bit better.
Thanks,

Frankie
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

KH1

by KH1

Errr - this thread needs to be locked. It is already a Armstrong Fans V Armstrong is a doper thread. Just read between the lines.......
On locking the original thread - Personally I was enjoying reading the debate. It's news, it's cycling and it's not going away in the short term so why lock it? :noidea:
We can all have differing opinions - sometimes passionately - without deleting or locking threads. I suspect there are other mechanisms mods can use to manage content and behaviour.
As to the it's not weight related....... :unbelievable: It was in Cycle Chat - my quick scan of the 1st page shows that easily 50% of the threads have nothing to do with weight. Why aren't they locked? I suspect it's because this is the sub forum where we can all share experiences, stories, humour and news regarding all things cycling :beerchug:
Don't let the truth get in the way of good story...
2023 Propel Advanced SL (Growing in the Petrie dish)
2022 Trance Advanced Pro 1
2021 Revolt Advanced 1
2020 TCR Advanced SL 0 (Dead)
2019 Fathom 1 29er
2017 TCR Advanced Pro 0

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

To quote myself:

Frankie - B wrote:The chat forum only had a few extra rules on top of the standard forum rules. you can find them here the last sentence states: "we don't really need threads about doping." With that I think that we have tolerated the landis discussion long enough. And, like I said, everybody has voiced his opinions. After that the discussion only goes spiralling down.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!