ax-lightness frame with 580gr?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

pk0r

by pk0r

No problem with posting the pic Andy - the eventual copyright infringement as posted elsewhere is no problem as it for sure is our own property with me having provided it myself.
I do not want to go any more info on the project just yet, as I think there currently are more imminent projects that deserve the complete focus, such as especially our Morpheus crankset. The presentation can thus only be seen as teaser or appetizer, just as happened similarly with the Morpheus last Interbike. Personally I think we did well there with the proceeding (development, teaser, refinement, launch) and would like to keep it relatively similar here also.

As Ypsylon already said we intend on releasing info on weights and stiffness on each available size in due time - why is yet to be seen..
Size S obviously refers to small there, but is still a regular 28" road bike.

To not give room for baseless discussion: the main focus has in fact been to be building a real race bike, not merely some lightweight show thingy. That also includes (but is not limited to) appropriate stiffness and durability. The frame in the picture for instance is lighter than any currently available stock (or custom) frame and sports a higher stiffness than for instance that of the over here popular C.. bikes (be it the "German" C or the American C).
As said more in due time.
| works for an European bike manufacturer |
| "I respect the work in coloring parts but the result is stupid-monkey in silk clothes is still monkey." |

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

GonaSovereign

by GonaSovereign

pk0r wrote:The frame in the picture for instance is lighter than any currently available stock (or custom) frame and sports a higher stiffness than for instance that of the over here popular C.. bikes (be it the "German" C or the American C).
As said more in due time.

How about the Canadian C? :)

gumgardner

by gumgardner

My only suggestion is to provide us with accurate weights or you'll get hunted down by the weenie patrol (see "Guru Photon") :wink:

djconnel

by djconnel

kavitator wrote:ok 580g sound OK...but for what stiffnes?

Geesh, I'm tired of the stiffness weenies spoiling all the fun.

gumgardner

by gumgardner

...or the money weenies. this stuff is gonna cost a lot. we all know that

record

by record

come on guys, nothing beats fashion weenies and another "what bartape color suits my bike best?" topics.
A light bike does replace good fitness.

coloclimber

by coloclimber

This looks and sounds very promising from a company as strong as AX.

That bike needs internal Di2 though :mrgreen:
-Deacon Doctor Colorado Slim

cerro

by cerro

Wow, I want this after coloclimber built it up with the right stuff. :) Half the weight of my American C

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

Building a very light and stiff frame with carbon is very possible. Add the properties comfort + stiffness in the right places + durable and it's another equation. I don't think all those properties can be combined into a 580g frame.

2 wheels

by 2 wheels

GonaSovereign wrote:How about the Canadian C? :)

The Canadian C is now the Swiss C, they moved their headquaters to Switzerland a couple of years ago.

seanw17

by seanw17

Am I right in thinking this complete (pretty much) Ax bike would weigh in at around 4300g in small?
5.74kg/12.65lbs Scott Addict LTD, Mavic CCU, Campag SR Ti, AX Perseus

GonaSovereign

by GonaSovereign

2 wheels wrote:
GonaSovereign wrote:How about the Canadian C? :)

The Canadian C is now the Swiss C, they moved their headquaters to Switzerland a couple of years ago.

No, I meant the Canadian C, Cannondale.

Kidding.

Cervelo is as Canadian as ever, even if the bean counters are in Neuchatel. Just like Cannnondale isn't Canadian even though it's owned by[edit] not Procycle, but Dorel.[/edit]

Now back to the AX bike...
Last edited by GonaSovereign on Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

djconnel

by djconnel

seanw17 wrote:Am I right in thinking this complete (pretty much) Ax bike would weigh in at around 4300g in small?

Versus my bike, I'd say the frame saves 180 grams, the fork 120 grams, the components 150 grams, the seatpost around 30 grams, the stem 15 grams, the handlebar 70 grams, the cassette -60 grams (Red versus Recon), the crankset 100 grams, the chainrings 30 grams. The Let's see..... yes, close to 4300.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

OMG!!!!! :shock:

My wife will kill me for even thinking this, but maybe this isn't the year to buy a house... I could use my bonus for one of these. :twisted:

Where's the smiley face with all the drool running out of its mouth? :noidea: