Soul wheels S2.0 (pics)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

JBuck

by JBuck

Im really interested in trying a pair of these wheels.

Is there anyone here that weighs 200ibs riding the Soul S 2.0 ? Im wondering if they would be to flexy for my weight?

Im wondering if I would be better off with the 3.0 or 4.0?

Thanks,

Waves77

by Waves77

JBuck wrote:Im really interested in trying a pair of these wheels.

Is there anyone here that weighs 200ibs riding the Soul S 2.0 ? Im wondering if they would be to flexy for my weight?

Im wondering if I would be better off with the 3.0 or 4.0?

Thanks,

Check with the owner Sean. When I first started cycling I was around 235 and after some emailing he recommended against the wheels I was interested in (I seem the recall the 3.0's).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

athletic91

by athletic91

there is a stiffer version of the soul 2.0

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.ph ... st10079541

JBuck

by JBuck

Those look nice. But not much different than the Easton Orion ii I already have.

I wish he would make a set of alloy tubs with that weight.

Tokyo Drifter

by Tokyo Drifter

JBuck wrote:I wish he would make a set of alloy tubs with that weight.

+1

MarvinK

by MarvinK

I'm pretty accustomed to loud freehubs... with most of my previous wheels being Campy or other similarly loud hubs. I really hate the silent hubs Shimano makes. Where on the noise scale do Soul hubs rate? I'm looking at S2.0SL wheels...

farm_lim

by farm_lim

v1 hubs- as loud as fulcrums but in a higher pitched sound
v3 prodigy hubs- lower pitched than v1 (probably because of 3 added pawls) but still as loud as fulcrums
you cant buy fitness, but you can buy advantage.

dodge

by dodge

I just emailed off this morning enquiring about a set of S2.0max with red hubs and red nipples..Looking forward to getting a set for my bmc :D

cheers Joe

RobG1975

by RobG1975

Got a pair of 2.0 clinchers. The spring holding the freehub pawls broke and it jammed the hub. I'm not too put off because they are otherwise lovley wheels and I have put about 2000miles into them.

They had to do it 10mins before the start of the first race of the season, didnt they tho... :evil:

Anyone know where I can get a replacement pawl spring?

RobG1975

by RobG1975

Update: Just got an email from Sean Wai, he's sending replacement part today: Decent customer service if you ask me.

ahumblecycler

by ahumblecycler

Decent? If you ask me, I would say outstanding!

You posted the problem at 1100 hrs, and you posted that Sean had replied at 1300 hrs.

nathanb74

by nathanb74

I agree. I've purchased a couple of wheelsets and some other bits from Sean and have been very impressed with the service. I think he needs commending for bringing top quality affordable products to the marketplace. Chapeau to him :thumbup:

RobG1975

by RobG1975

I posted on here first because i didnt expect to get a part sent from Sean all the way to the UK, over a year after I bought the wheels. I simply him asked where i could get a replacement part and he sent it the same day. Good customer service matters a lot to me, hence the update.

VTBike

by VTBike

Posting this message here for AddictR1 who recently had a question on these wheels (I think its ridiculous that thread was locked, and we have to continue on a thread from 3 years ago; but that's a different story).

I bought these for my wife last year, and am very happy. Probably only put about 500 miles on them so far though; so hardly a long term test. Shipping was ridiculous quick - had them in less than 2 weeks. Finish and quality seems way above a wheelset at this price point. Weight was spot on. She's 135 lbs, and rides aggressively. Granted, she will not put as much torque on a wheel as a guy; but she certainly holds her own. I've recently had to have the back wheel trued up; as a ride we took put us onto a dirt road that had some decent ruts.

So - all in all, I still think its a great wheel set for the money. They do have a weight limit on them though (200lbs or something if I remember correctly); so if your up near there, I would think hard about a custom set.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

addictR1

by addictR1

good to know, as i've been in contact with Sean. waiting for the new set he's releasing to come out. i use to be 158, after 3 months of continues riding, now 148lb. so i think the wheelset will be great.

but can't wait to see when the new set will come out. how do these handle during cross wind?