Soul wheels S2.0 (pics)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

JBuck

by JBuck

Im really interested in trying a pair of these wheels.

Is there anyone here that weighs 200ibs riding the Soul S 2.0 ? Im wondering if they would be to flexy for my weight?

Im wondering if I would be better off with the 3.0 or 4.0?

Thanks,

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Waves77

by Waves77

JBuck wrote:Im really interested in trying a pair of these wheels.

Is there anyone here that weighs 200ibs riding the Soul S 2.0 ? Im wondering if they would be to flexy for my weight?

Im wondering if I would be better off with the 3.0 or 4.0?

Thanks,

Check with the owner Sean. When I first started cycling I was around 235 and after some emailing he recommended against the wheels I was interested in (I seem the recall the 3.0's).

athletic91

by athletic91

there is a stiffer version of the soul 2.0

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.ph ... st10079541

JBuck

by JBuck

Those look nice. But not much different than the Easton Orion ii I already have.

I wish he would make a set of alloy tubs with that weight.

Tokyo Drifter

by Tokyo Drifter

JBuck wrote:I wish he would make a set of alloy tubs with that weight.

+1

MarvinK

by MarvinK

I'm pretty accustomed to loud freehubs... with most of my previous wheels being Campy or other similarly loud hubs. I really hate the silent hubs Shimano makes. Where on the noise scale do Soul hubs rate? I'm looking at S2.0SL wheels...

farm_lim

by farm_lim

v1 hubs- as loud as fulcrums but in a higher pitched sound
v3 prodigy hubs- lower pitched than v1 (probably because of 3 added pawls) but still as loud as fulcrums
you cant buy fitness, but you can buy advantage.

dodge

by dodge

I just emailed off this morning enquiring about a set of S2.0max with red hubs and red nipples..Looking forward to getting a set for my bmc :D

cheers Joe

RobG1975

by RobG1975

Got a pair of 2.0 clinchers. The spring holding the freehub pawls broke and it jammed the hub. I'm not too put off because they are otherwise lovley wheels and I have put about 2000miles into them.

They had to do it 10mins before the start of the first race of the season, didnt they tho... :evil:

Anyone know where I can get a replacement pawl spring?

RobG1975

by RobG1975

Update: Just got an email from Sean Wai, he's sending replacement part today: Decent customer service if you ask me.

ahumblecycler

by ahumblecycler

Decent? If you ask me, I would say outstanding!

You posted the problem at 1100 hrs, and you posted that Sean had replied at 1300 hrs.

nathanb74

by nathanb74

I agree. I've purchased a couple of wheelsets and some other bits from Sean and have been very impressed with the service. I think he needs commending for bringing top quality affordable products to the marketplace. Chapeau to him :thumbup:

RobG1975

by RobG1975

I posted on here first because i didnt expect to get a part sent from Sean all the way to the UK, over a year after I bought the wheels. I simply him asked where i could get a replacement part and he sent it the same day. Good customer service matters a lot to me, hence the update.

VTBike

by VTBike

Posting this message here for AddictR1 who recently had a question on these wheels (I think its ridiculous that thread was locked, and we have to continue on a thread from 3 years ago; but that's a different story).

I bought these for my wife last year, and am very happy. Probably only put about 500 miles on them so far though; so hardly a long term test. Shipping was ridiculous quick - had them in less than 2 weeks. Finish and quality seems way above a wheelset at this price point. Weight was spot on. She's 135 lbs, and rides aggressively. Granted, she will not put as much torque on a wheel as a guy; but she certainly holds her own. I've recently had to have the back wheel trued up; as a ride we took put us onto a dirt road that had some decent ruts.

So - all in all, I still think its a great wheel set for the money. They do have a weight limit on them though (200lbs or something if I remember correctly); so if your up near there, I would think hard about a custom set.

addictR1

by addictR1

good to know, as i've been in contact with Sean. waiting for the new set he's releasing to come out. i use to be 158, after 3 months of continues riding, now 148lb. so i think the wheelset will be great.

but can't wait to see when the new set will come out. how do these handle during cross wind?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com