Announcements

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
gandini

by gandini

How is everyone feeling about the "announcements" section at the top of each sub-forum?
I have noticed with my new notebook, that it takes up a lot of the page, so I have to scroll just to see the first new post/thread. Not such a problem on a huge 30" monitor, but not so good on smaller ones.
I also notice that they sometimes linger, and sometimes disappear, with no particular reason. Who controls which threads become announcements, and what rules control how long they stay in the section? Could this be user controlled? I could follow particular threads in that section, for example.

Anyway, just wanted to take the forum pulse on this one.

Regards,
Phil

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

On my 15" notebook I also use the ctrl - opyion that browsers offer. Makes things easier to read.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Try using an iPhone to browse! :shock:

ctrl "-" really is a great shortcut.

coloclimber

by coloclimber

Regarding the substance- the Mods are highlighting certain WW type threads. When they reach the end of a useful thread life- they are moved back into the general forum.
-Deacon Doctor Colorado Slim

gandini

by gandini

It seems to me that the Announcements are taking up space at the top of the page (which forces scrolling on notepads and netbooks) and there hasn't been any activity/posts for quite some time on the threads. The ones on Introduce Yourself are getting pretty old and stale.
Can I put in a request to delete the announcements section? Please?

thanks,