Optygen....does it work?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

cyclemanpat

by cyclemanpat

I was wondering if anyone out there is using or has used Optygen? Does it work....give me feedback

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Text from Bike Nashbar.com:

OPTimize + oxYGEN = OPTYGEN™. Optygen represents the next generation of endurance nutrition. Do you want to generate more power? This innovative formula is based on clinical trails and the latest scientific research on maximizing oxygen utilization in elite endurance athletes. All of the nutrients in this formulation have been studied extensively for their ability to increase VO2 Max and increase the body’s ability to acclimatize to high levels of physical stress.

Man there is no way That a drink can optimize your VO2 max. :twisted: VO2 MAX is your body's ability to exchange Co2 with o2 in blood at your lungs. VO2 MAX represents the shape your in! VO2 MAX also give you a low HF.
I think increasing your vo2 max with a drink is a big yoke! :lol:

And for the rest... I don't know! :roll:

Did another search on the web on this :lol: amazing :lol: product.

They also state this:

Increase VO2Max
Increase the body's ability to adapt to high levels of physical stress
Increase anaerobic threshold
Reduce lactic acid

The only one who can change the last two. Is YOU You can only do this by training hard. And realy get into this anaerobic state. So your body can get used to the pain and gets rid of the lactic acid as fast as it can!

I think you should buy the whole lot and then burn it!
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Cyco

by Cyco

The product mentioned appears to have many extrodinary claims, but depending on content "reducing lactic acid" may be poorly phrased but not impossible.

Creatine suplimentation provides higher levels of muscle stored ATP. This leads to longer anerobic oxidation before the 'burn' starts.
Success is how far you you bounce back up after being knocked down

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

@ Cyco

You know that Creatine is a "phosfate" (is that correct english) When adding this to your normal diet you can make your "phosfate"battery larger. This battery can give energy to your muscles for a max of 30 seconds of non lactic movement. Then it takes 2 minutes for it to reload to 80% of its original strength and a total of 9 to get a 100% recharge. You can look at this "battery" as the start engine of your muscles.

Without the use of creatine you have about 10 seconds of lactic free muscle movement.
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

Bruiser

by Bruiser

I don't get much benefit from Creatine when racing track, however I strugle with beach sprints, in theory creatine would help me sustain longer sprints.

I'll give it a go next Sunday.

Brian

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Brian!

I don't know if the battery is ready for it within a week! :oops: But you can give it a go!
Creatine should help you with sprinting!

Ivan

by Ivan

Frankie - B wrote:
You know that Creatine is a "phosfate"

I know this is again waaaay of topic but err .... creatine chemically bonds with phosphate to form creatinephosphate. This molecule plays an important role in the conversion of chemical energy into mechanical energy ...

gentri

by gentri

You would benefit from sprinting with the use of creatine. On the other hand, if you have used up your stored energy including your creatine reserve (that still has to be processed) during a long race, the creatine won't assist you with your final sprint.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

ivan you seem to know all about this. Please tell :D

gentri

by gentri

Frankie - B wrote:Brian!

I don't know if the battery is ready for it within a week! :oops: But you can give it a go!
Creatine should help you with sprinting!

I agree with Frankie. If you look at the labels of creatine it suggests a loading phase twice the amount of the regular phase that lasts a week. You can follow what they suggest. I personally don't believe in the loading phase since it is a very high amount in which the excess creatine would just be excreted in your urine.

Bruiser

by Bruiser

I had considered loading back in the says when I was doing weights to lift more and bulk up, I wasn't aware I had to load for sprint work.

These days I work and don't have time, but I race hard on the weekend to keep my form. I do beach sprints on Sun to improve my form but can only manage 15-20 second sprints, whereas when cooling off after a race I can only manage 10 seconds. I'll try creatine on both Sat and Sun to see how the sprints go.

Brian

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Brian, Why do you stop those sprints? because of muscle soreness or because of a breath shortage?

Bruiser

by Bruiser

Cardio pressure, if only running was as easy as cycling :roll:
Though after racing on Sat I should be able to feel any diference

Brian

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

you should enlargen your VO2 max by training at 60% of you HF max! like 4 to 5 days a week for one hour minimum! :lol:

Good Luck!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bruiser

by Bruiser

I used to train/race several times a week, however I work to pay for my bikes now and am stictly a weekend warrior.
Though my race results havn't suffered greatly I feel that I have lost some of my endurance but am fresh for each race.

I'll buy a new bike soon and will buy an indoor trainer to stay in form (why buy a bike and be out of form :? )

Brian