Fork Help!!!

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

mts595

by mts595

Hi
I'm currently debating a new fork but I simply cannot make up my mind. It is for a Look 986 XC bike that I will be racing so I want something that has good quality and is lightweight (I do not want a lefty converted to a regular steerer). Here is what I've come up with.
-Rock Shox SID XX (kind of heavy but I simply cant afford the world cup, and is the hydraulic lockout worth it? Otherwise the SID Team with pushlock)
-Fox 32 f100 FIT RLC (1430g but add about 100g for lockout)
-Magura Durin SL 100 (super light at 1370g but is it as durable and is there more maintnance involved?)

ww4

by ww4

I would go either SID or FOX :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

miceden

by miceden

Its really down to whichever feels best to you but... i'd go for the Durin, think its stiffer and tracks better than both the SID or the Fox but you wont be dissapointed with either fork... my durin has been reliable and maintenance is no more than normal.

Jerka

by Jerka

I would also go for the Durin. Its super plush and the platform works realy well.

/Jerka

mts595

by mts595

Would you go with the Durin sl or the Race. I read that the sl has some technology called Albert Sl. Would the sl be a bad choice for xc racing because you wouldnt have the lockout option?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

My wife and I have raced the Durin SL forks for two seasons. They are simply amazing forks. They are far stiffer than the new style SID I was riding before.

The platform is factory set fairly stiff, so I have never missed the lockout. If you are riding on the road or only smooth fire trails, you might miss it though.

The weight is awesome for a fork that isn't using any carbon fiber in it's construction and used 32mm stanchions.

Service has been needed no more than another of the other forks I've used. Magura USA customers service is great though, WAY better than the assholes that work at Fox. Fox's CS is the one reason I will never buy another one of their forks. Rock Shox is great to work with also.