2010 Scott CR1 w/Campy & RZR's. Pics on bottom of page 2.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

swimmingskibble

by swimmingskibble

So I've been bummin' around here for a while, and finally I have a most of the stuff for my new bike. Here is the build and most of the weights that I have for the parts. Sorry, I got to itchy to put stuff together so the frame weight is with the headset, chain hook, screws, and seat collar. I put the seatpost, seat, stem, bar, and shifters on so that I can put it on the car rack to take it of town where I'll be finishing the build next week. I'll post it when it is all finished.

2010 Scott CR1 Pro (including seat collar, chain hook, headset, and screws) 1080 grams
Fork w/race (cut to allow 4cm of spacers for now, will do final cut later) 382g
Compression plug 25g
Fizik Antares 182g
Reynolds ouzo pro seat post 31.6 (uncut) 196g
Campagnolo Chorus 11 shifters 346g
Campagnolo Record cups 53g
Campagnolo Record rear hub 232g
Campagnolo Record front hub 116g
Campagnolo Record skewer set 117g
Campagnolo Chorus 11 skeleton brakes 318g
Campagnolo Chorus 11 rear derailleur 191g
Campagnolo Chorus 11 front derailleur 76g
Campagnolo Chorus 11 crankset 690g
Look Keo 2 Max carbon 246g
3T ergosum team (44) 206g
3T ARX team stem (110) 123g

I'll be custom making my trainer wheels. The will be Reynolds MDV 32-hole rims, Campagnolo record hubs, dt swiss revs (front) and st swiss comps (rear). Will be laced 3 cross front and rear. Will be getting a set of Reynolds DV46 tubulars later on this summer. I'm guessing that with the trainer wheels, carbon cages, and a cateye v3 computer that I'll be around 7.1. Hopefully with the tubies it will drop it close to the 6.8kg range.

Last edited by swimmingskibble on Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:30 pm, edited 6 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

range
Shop Owner

by range

This is going to be a nice-looking ride.
Range || range.wordpress.com
Asterisk*Cycles
'10 Velocite Millennium Elite SRAM Red
'11 Velocite Geos w SRAM Red || '08 Giant Anthem X0 w SRAM X0 || '93 Pinarello w Shimano 105

bikericer

by bikericer

I'm unfamiliar with Reynolds rims but I know that Zipp only recommends a 2 cross lacing at most. Might be something to look into.

vidman

by vidman

Most excellent colour coordination so far. Sa-weet!

Black tape with red F&N hoods would be just about perfect!

Peter_E

by Peter_E

I have a friend who built a powertap-wheel with Reynolds rim and that 2x thing seems familiar. That was 24 holes though.

swimmingskibble

by swimmingskibble

Thanks for the heads up about the cross pattern. I really was just assuming that it would be alright. I'll ask Reynolds when I go pick up the rims on Monday. 2x would be alright too, but I was hoping for 3x since I'm more of a heavy, power rider at 200lbs.

As for color coordinations, thanks I tried to make it look nice. Really for the bar I wanted something that was somewhat light, clip-on compatible, and I wanted to try a compact style bar. The color just help with putting the ergosum over the top. Do they make colored hoods yet for campy 11? I haven't seen any personally. My saddle came with a half/half red and black microtex tape. I was going to see if the red would go well with the black hoods. If not, I'll probably just put some plain ol' black gel cork on.

Swannie

by Swannie

Nice!
My cr1 pro 2010 comes in at 7.38Kg, size 54. Ultegra compact, ritchey wcs, ksyrium elite:

swimmingskibble

by swimmingskibble

How have you liked yours so far? Can't wait to get on mine next week. It'll be spring break for me and the temps are getting in the 50's already!

vidman

by vidman

swimmingskibble wrote:Do they make colored hoods yet for campy 11?

Yep- http://fairwheelbikes.com/far-and-near- ... -1545.html
Good stuff. Get em!

What colour cables you going with? Id go with either black or white. White will look crisp, black will look more stealthy. ;)

Swannie

by Swannie

swimmingskibble wrote:How have you liked yours so far? Can't wait to get on mine next week. It'll be spring break for me and the temps are getting in the 50's already!

oh yeah, best road bike i've ever ridden.
Accelerates super, yet still comfy!

swimmingskibble

by swimmingskibble

Just finished building up my wheels. I talked to the Reynolds engineers, and yes I need to build them up 2 cross. 3 cross places too much of a stress concentration on the nipple bed. The wheels ended up pretty sweet. Not the lightest, but 32 spoke trainer wheel never is. The front ended up weighing 682.0g and the rear is 841.0g. Total wheelset comes in at 1523g. The black hubs, black spokes, and black rims make them look pretty stealthy. Hopefully I will have time to finish the build tomorrow afternoon.

swimmingskibble

by swimmingskibble

Johnny Rad wrote:It's got LOTOJA written all over it!

Maybe next year. This year is pretty busy for me, and I don't think I'll be able to have enough time to train sufficiently. But I probably will help out as one of the traveling emergency bike mechanics.

swimmingskibble

by swimmingskibble

Almost finished! I had some issues with the supplied campy ferrules, so I am waiting for the morning to go to a LBS and grab some different ones. Also, I still need to wrap the bars after that. I decided that I liked the Reynolds logos on the rims, so I went back today and put some on at there shop (I'm doing and engineering internship with them this summer.) I think they turned out pretty stellar, and I doubt I will have to true them up for a long time. Overall, I am pleased with the looks of the bike, and hopefully I'll have it finished tomorrow. Here's a pic of the progress.

cleavel

by cleavel

Hi,

Very nice looking bike. :)

I just bought an Antares saddle (same color) to see if it works for me.

Say, "Hi," to my friend Ryan at Reynolds for me.
Thanks.
Cleave
Visit my blog at http://www.lawville.org/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com