πατα τραβα ρε

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

743power
Shop Wrench

by 743power

Made some changes recently after logging more miles and figuring out what I like/dislike.

Changes: replaced red 53t with a CT2 51t. I don't like to run anything smaller than 39 for the small, but I wanted something a tad smaller for the big. I will probably put the 53 back on as I get out more in the spring. I didn't write down the weight, but I think the ct2 was around 10g lighter than the red, albeit with a loss in shifting quality.

replaced the stock gore cables with yokozuna reaction. The gore cables went to crap after less than 500 miles, which is unacceptable. After one ride down the street, the difference from the yoko's is staggering. The shifts fire off so quick, I can't compare it to any other cable shifted bike I have ridden. And the braking feels more powerful than 7900. There is absolutely no give in the housing whatsoever. I didn't weigh the yokozuna stuff, simply because I knew I was not putting the gore junk back on the bike ever.

The other big change was swapping out the carbon antares for the sweet orange kium one. It was 20g heavier, but it is orange and it is more comfortable, since there is more flex. I will probably replace the kium antares on my mtb with the carbon one now.

This bike is probably going to stay like this for a while now. The next upgrade is a powertap wheel, which is coming closer to summer I suspect. The first mtb race is in less than 6 weeks, so hopefully the snow will melt and I can start logging time on my mtb soon.
Attachments
tcr2.jpg
tcr.jpg
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

sawyer

by sawyer

great work 743! :up: definitely an improvement. very individual and well thought through bike. Good heads-up on the yokozuna vs. gore. i am going to give y's a go at the next change.

did you see mine ... (crappy shots as yet)

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=69598
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

KH1

by KH1

It is looking better all the time. Great work - great bike - :thumbup:
Don't let the truth get in the way of good story...
2023 Propel Advanced SL (Growing in the Petrie dish)
2022 Trance Advanced Pro 1
2021 Revolt Advanced 1
2020 TCR Advanced SL 0 (Dead)
2019 Fathom 1 29er
2017 TCR Advanced Pro 0

morxy

by morxy

Yes, beautiful looking bike. You have a good eye for detail.

I always thought the SRAM Red chainset was a bit ugly tbh. But now you've changed the big chainring it looks really good!

743power
Shop Wrench

by 743power

Snapped a cool shot out on a ride this weekend. Couple new things here, powertap slc rear hub laced to an easton ea90slx rim (which I am 90% sure is a kinlin 270), fsa energy classic bars, lizard skin dsp tape, and ultegra 6700 chain unfortunately. The x10sl that was on there was wearing the red cassette extremely irregularly, so I ditched it as chains are much cheaper than cassettes.
Attachments
tcrwallsmall.jpg
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

743power
Shop Wrench

by 743power

Better picture, just changed out the tape to arundel gecko. The dsp tape is nice, but wears way fast for me. The arundel was a lot grippier in the rain today compared to the dsp, so thats a bonus.
Attachments
tcrnew.jpg

worstshotever

by worstshotever

743, I really like the looks of that. Nice work, and nice picture, too.

743power
Shop Wrench

by 743power

Been a while since I posted anything on my road bike. I've been fighting through some injuries and a mental slump, so I decided to buy some wheels to lift my spirits, 2011 303's with corsa evo sc's. Also since last posted, bars are 3t rotundo team, stem is arx team, saddle is slr tt (tubular titanium, not time trial) which says 125g, but actually weighs 149g. Really bummed on that one, but it's hands down the most comfy saddle I ever had, so I will take the 5g penalty over the antares. Switched FD to red steel and chain is back to x10sl. Had a 6700 chain on for a bit, but that thing is total crap. I'm waiting for some black kcnc skewers to come in to replace the heavy zipps.

As shown, it's 13.8lbs. Only other change in the near future will be switching back to look pedals, the times have not been my favorite. I'll probably end up with blade cromos.
Attachments
tcrsl.jpg

fa63

by fa63

Looks great. Good weight, too.
Last edited by fa63 on Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hmai18

by hmai18

The saddle swap is a shame since the orange combo looked awesome, but comfort/performance trumps looks.

It still looks like the business.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Surprised the 6700 chain didn't work for you. I use 7801 chains (a bit different I know) on the same bike with the same drivetrain with good results. The KMC chains made me a bit nervous after breaking a couple in sprints, but I am a bit of a Clyde so perhaps a non-issue with you.

Very nice with the 303's.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.